OS 10.9 Mavericks and PhotoShop

Apple prices come down? Hahahahahahahahaha.

Uhhhh no Allan.

I was joking, hence the emoticons. Prices more likely to escallate before I buy. :(

Allan

Here in the US, if you have a little patience, you can often pick up a refurb for several hundred dollars less via the Apple Online Store. I just missed out on a Mac Mini that was priced $130 below the usual $800. They come with the same warranty. Only the packaging is different. Just scroll down the main page for the Refurbished and Clearance items. Sorry I have no idea if they offer refurbs in the UK.

Here in the US, if you have a little patience, you can often pick up a refurb for several hundred dollars less via the Apple Online Store. I just missed out on a Mac Mini that was priced $130 below the usual $800. They come with the same warranty. Only the packaging is different. Just scroll down the main page for the Refurbished and Clearance items. Sorry I have no idea if they offer refurbs in the UK.

Yes they offer refurbs here but at almost the same price as new.

Allan

I've received an email from a major agency that if you upgrade,do NOT upgrade iMovie and stick with the old one. Problems in video with some agencies and Apple has remoed some important features possibly so they can sell a full version down the line with everything they removed. This only applies if you shoot video and edit in iMovie.

L

Updated early this morning. Approximately 90 minutes from starting download to up and running.

Everything working fine as far as I can see at the moment, primarily LR and PS. I can't see many of the new features being of much use to me, but looks to be a good system update anyway.

If you liked the old style of calendars, notes and contacts, then that'll annoy you, as its all flat UI stuff now. 

?????? For a non-techy whats UI?????

Allan

What's "User Interface"? I already don't like what they did to the Address Book in Snow Leopard. They are trying to make everything look like it does on the iPhone. When I first got my Mac it really was very simple to use. Every new version complicates things.

Paulette

Hi Paulette, us "non - techies" must stick together.

"User Interface" I think means things like keyboard, mouse? Could be wrong.

Allan

Hi Paulette, us "non - techies" must stick together.

"User Interface" I think means things like keyboard, mouse? Could be wrong.

Allan

I think it's the stuff on the screen - what it looks and behaves like.  I'm not techy either otherwise I could explain it better but I do know what it is believe it or not.

Pearl

Archived