Mirrorless acceptable?

I'm looking to buy a Canon M3 to go with my Canon 77D. The blurb is pretty explicit about not using non-dslr cameras when submitting, but the M3 quality is good. Anyone know if these would be accepted?

Cheers

Mike

The blurb says (here: https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/?section=3):

Use a DSLR camera (or equivalent)
Cameras that don’t meet this specification won’t produce images good enough to pass our QC checks.

I believe what it really comes down to is the sensor, and more to the point, how big the sensor is.

Apparently the Canon M3 has a APS-C (22.3 x 14.9 mm) CMOS sensor managing 24 megapixels. I would think that this would be good enough.... but don't quote me on this! ;-)

59 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

The blurb says (here: https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/?section=3):

Use a DSLR camera (or equivalent)
Cameras that don’t meet this specification won’t produce images good enough to pass our QC checks.

I believe what it really comes down to is the sensor, and more to the point, how big the sensor is.

Apparently the Canon M3 has a APS-C (22.3 x 14.9 mm) CMOS sensor managing 24 megapixels. I would think that this would be good enough.... but don't quote me on this! ;-)

That’s way bigger than my Panasonic LUMIX G7 sensor (4/3 (17.3mm x 13.0mm) 16MP which I have used for all of my photos.

Somewhat surprised that you have asked the question since many mirrorless cameras use the same sensors as found in DSLRs, yet don't have  a great clunking mirror to upset matters. Maybe Alamy needs to change the form of the wording?

I have the EOS M3 as my walkabout camera and it passes QC with no problem. Its a bit noisy at ISO 3200 so images I take at that ISO level I downsize to 3250px longest side, but other than that they sail through QC. 

I would add though that if you are shooting a lot of moving subjects then you may want to look elsewhere as its AF is slow and, on moving subjects, effectively useless. It still baffles me that Nikon and Canon failed so entirely to see the huge market available in mirrorless and released such weak cameras, thus handing, on a silver platter,  a huge advantage to their competitors. 

Archived