I am having issues logging in on safari

I am having issues logging in on safari .. I have cleared the history and cookies.

I have cleared the saved passwords.

I can log in fine using fir fox so I KNOW the password and user name is correct. It is just safari …

It just jumps back to log-in screen.  No errors. no wrong password. No "my alamy" menu....

Any ideas would be grateful…

14 minutes ago, Julie Edwards said:

I am having issues logging in on safari .. I have cleared the history and cookies.

I have cleared the saved passwords.

I can log in fine using fir fox so I KNOW the password and user name is correct. It is just safari …

It just jumps back to log-in screen.  No errors. no wrong password. No "my alamy" menu....

Any ideas would be grateful…

I have experienced the same with Chrome today and yesterday - and now and then. Also using Firefox in these cases.

Right now Chrome seems to work.

PS: Just strikes me that you mean to Alamy dashboard - I meant the forums.

It's frustrating ...Safari is the shipped browser on the MAC platform.. not exactly an unusual thing to use. I have switched off all blockers... reset Alamy site settings... 

Ever since the login changed to include the "click the boxes" verification it has been flaky. It's really quite poor.

I have been having these periodic problems for a long time. Right now I am OK after clearing the cache and deleting ALL of my history. That creates annoyances. You can  email CR and give them the version of Safari and Mac operating system you are using and ask that they look into it. They also ask for a screenshot of what is happening but I should think saying the log in page comes back should be sufficient. I agree that it's ridiculous that Safari has repeated problems. It's not like no one uses it.

Paulette

If you’re talking about logging into the forum, it happens to me periodically and seems to be related to specific threads. All I do is go back a page in my browser. If I continue to have issues with a certain thread, I eventually mark the whole site as “read,” once I’ve reviewed all the other new forum comments, and the problem goes away.

Archived