Happy Accident

This image was the result of me playing around with LR graduated filters, but it got saved in the wrong folder and was submitted with a normal batch. Its obviously over processed, but more important to me it looks far to noisy. I was convinced the batch would be rejected, so i wonder if Almay accept a certain noise level if they think its what you are trying to achieve instead of just bad exposure settings.

Andy

turbine blades spinning on a wind farm, windfarm on a hillside of west cork, ireland Stock Photo

Yes, I believe that Alamy QC do apply some common sense and make a judgement call that this was intended.

Also don't discount the other angle.... Alamy QC might simply not have looked at this image given as Alamy QC uses a sampling approach rather than inspecting each and every image.

Since Alamy QC inspect only a very small sample of each batch submitted, and rely on the contributor to exercise their professional judgement in making sure that all images submitted  are capable of passing QC, it is statistically much more likely that it was another image in the batch was the one which passed QC. Don't let an episode like this lull you into a false sense of security. Some contributors like to push the boundaries of what can be done with processing images submitted, but do so with one eye on possible rejection. personally, I stick to submitting stuff I am (fairly) sure will pass.

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Since Alamy QC inspect only a very small sample of each batch submitted, and rely on the contributor to exercise their professional judgement in making sure that all images submitted  are capable of passing QC, it is statistically much more likely that it was another image in the batch was the one which passed QC. Don't let an episode like this lull you into a false sense of security. Some contributors like to push the boundaries of what can be done with processing images submitted, but do so with one eye on possible rejection. personally, I stick to submitting stuff I am (fairly) sure will pass.

I had no intention of posting it in the first place, just experimenting with LR gradual filters one evening and it got saved in my to submit folder by mistake. It just got dragged across during FTP with all the rest, like a said a fortunate accident. (particularly if it sells).

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Can you post a 100% crop? There's nothing obvious in that image that would be made noisier with just a grad

Unfortunately only the original RAW left i delete the PP jpegs once submitted as part of my workflow, i may have got a bit heavy handed with the dehaze as well, if that helps.

• 2 months later...

Archived