28 minutes ago, ole999 said:

... but 9 days - I think it’s overkill ...!

It is just the Alamy rules that we all consciously signed up to.

Frankly, I do not believe that 9 days is outrageous, especially when compared to a month of lock out, it used to be, as Ed pointed out earlier. 

If I were you, I would take these days to review and improve my QC workflow, to ensure it does not happen again. 

3 hours ago, ole999 said:

The images that failed was taken with my iPhone 7, so I found out it’s not allowed here. All my uploaded images was then in the bin - most if them shot with my DSLR.

Well, er, what did you expect, then?!!!  :lol:

13 hours ago, Martin B said:

Much of it is done by computer algorithms looking for things like contrast, CA, and sharpness. Alamy has over half a million images coming in on a weekly basis, through three large servers.  Hate to think there was some guy going through every batch looking for dust spots and chromatic fringes. 

Not so, as we have been told by Alamy on several occasions.

QC is an entirely manual (or rather ocular) process. There are quite a few guys, with very big monitors.

14 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

This one comes to mind. Perhaps I got lucky with the batch. 

Torrential rain in a street in Milan, Italy Stock Photo

Why did you submit this one as reportage, as it's too recent to be archive?

It's not on to bypass QC unless there's a legitimate reason.

Why did you submit this one as reportage, as it's too recent to be archive?

It's not on to bypass QC unless there's a legitimate reason.

Isn't torrential rain and flash floods considered "breaking news"? Look at today's Live News feed...full of spring pics. B)

13 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Not so, as we have been told by Alamy on several occasions.

QC is an entirely manual (or rather ocular) process. There are quite a few guys, with very big monitors.

It may be both, but not buying that it is completely manual. I'd say heavy on the computer side. 

4 hours ago, Martin B said:

It may be both, but not buying that it is completely manual. I'd say heavy on the computer side. 

You're wrong.  This was one of the questions I asked the Alamy guys at the Photography Show.  It's all done manually.

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

You're wrong.  This was one of the questions I asked the Alamy guys at the Photography Show.  It's all done manually.

That's what they told you. What did you expect them to say? 

5 minutes ago, Martin B said:

That's what they told you. What did you expect them to say? 

How about the truth.

I don''t know why you seem to need to suspect otherwise. Most of us here actually trust our agency.

You don't believe me, you don't believe Col- who would you believe?

52 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

How about the truth.

I don''t know why you seem to need to suspect otherwise. Most of us here actually trust our agency.

You don't believe me, you don't believe Col- who would you believe?

Not you. I don't even know you, other that the fact that you seem to follow me around the forum commenting on everything I type. Go stalk someone else. Oh, you already are. 

13 minutes ago, Martin B said:

Not you. I don't even know you, other that the fact that you seem to follow me around the forum commenting on everything I type. Go stalk someone else. Oh, you already are. 

My statement that Alamy have told us that QC is entirely manual is a fact which you could probably check with a forum search, or by asking Alamy yourself. I don't have to know someone personally to take notice of what they say- they establish a certain credibility over time as you may find out when you've been here a while.

Calling someone out for inaccuracy isn't stalking, is it? Anyway no doubt Alamy can decide.

But as you wish, I won't bother with you anymore, unless it's for something inaccurate of course.

Any thoughts on your apparent distrust of your agency?

Hi,

All QC at Alamy is done by real life human beings; there are no algorithms or AI (apart from minimum file size detection).

We have removed the offensive posts, as they are against the forum etiquette, and locking the thread down as it has gone off course.

You can see all the forum rules on the homepage.

Thanks,

Alamy

• Alamy locked this topic

Archived