Other contributors' sales figures

Hi, I'm wondering if there's anywhere on the site where we can see how well other contributors' photos sell.  It would be interesting to see how well subject matter and composition similar to my own are selling.  Is it possible to see information such as this? 

Do remember that we are in competition for sales in many cases. Some of us have a few fairly simple accessible subjects which most photographers have overlooked so far. We are unlikely to point you at them. Helpfulness only goes so far! I quite like your Cuban cars, but there are quite a lot out there, Many are from my time in Canada and I could put names and dates on quite a few. That wouldn't be hard to look up and might help sales potential. Don't expect clients to do your work for you.

9 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

Do remember that we are in competition for sales in many cases. Some of us have a few fairly simple accessible subjects which most photographers have overlooked so far. We are unlikely to point you at them. Helpfulness only goes so far! I quite like your Cuban cars, but there are quite a lot out there, Many are from my time in Canada and I could put names and dates on quite a few. That wouldn't be hard to look up and might help sales potential. Don't expect clients to do your work for you.

I wasn't expecting anyone to do my work for me.  I thought my question was quite reasonable.  If I'm posting images that don't sell, I'd like to know that.  Conversely, I'd like to know what does sell, hence my question.  If images similar to what I've uploaded in subject matter and composition are selling, I'd like to know that I have a chance too with my images.

If my question is seen as intruding on others' turf, then sorry I asked.  I was being genuine, I can assure you.

Carol

You’ll find that people here will give you endless help and advice on all topics except one - what they sell. The monthly “Have you found any Alamy photos “ thread and the “How was your month?” thread are both rich sources of information that repay careful study. 

Colin

Of course you are posting images that don't sell and will not sell. But that's what we all do! Nobody can or will spell out which are going to work out for you. What you and many other fairly new comers to stock miss is the great importance of attached information. Many years ago, my now wife was a picture researcher at Readers Digest Books. Included on a search list was an item "Emden Goose". That's your pretty standard white long necked goose. Lots of photographers sent in pictures of geese, lots of them Emden Geese. Only mine were captioned Emden Goose and that's why mine was chosen for publication. Because Readers Digest placed great importance on accuracy! I knew what I was talking about, or at least appeared to know, the others didn't know so they didn't make the sale. It doesn't aways work that way, but that's the way to go. Of course it has to be a better than average photograph as well but you need both halves.

1 hour ago, Robert M Estall said:

Of course you are posting images that don't sell and will not sell. But that's what we all do! Nobody can or will spell out which are going to work out for you. What you and many other fairly new comers to stock miss is the great importance of attached information. Many years ago, my now wife was a picture researcher at Readers Digest Books. Included on a search list was an item "Emden Goose". That's your pretty standard white long necked goose. Lots of photographers sent in pictures of geese, lots of them Emden Geese. Only mine were captioned Emden Goose and that's why mine was chosen for publication. Because Readers Digest placed great importance on accuracy! I knew what I was talking about, or at least appeared to know, the others didn't know so they didn't make the sale. It doesn't aways work that way, but that's the way to go. Of course it has to be a better than average photograph as well but you need both halves.

Good point!  Thanks.  I've been going over my submissions, adding key words and fleshing out the captions.

2 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

Carol

You’ll find that people here will give you endless help and advice on all topics except one - what they sell. The monthly “Have you found any Alamy photos “ thread and the “How was your month?” thread are both rich sources of information that repay careful study. 

Colin

Thanks, Colin.  I'll look at those.

Archived