sales communication

On 29/03/2018 at 20:43, tarsierspectral said:

Well, I got one of those "congratulations" emails, but I don't see such sale neither this month, last month and not even for the whole last year.  Is it possible that it's coming, or is Alamy falsely getting my hopes up?

Is the sale arrived? I received the same mail today but i don t see any sale from the previous months

On 29/03/2018 at 10:59, Michael Ventura said:

I seem to only get emails about the deletion of of images of places that don't want photos of their property on Alamy :o

Michael, are you talking about photos for editorial? Does Alamy delete those? Thanks.

I've had some images of newspapers removed recently.

Back in January we heard from lawyers on behalf of the Daily Mirror regarding images of their editions being licensed through Alamy claiming these images infringe on their copyright.

Our understanding is that the layout and the images contained within newspapers are the copyright of both the newspaper and the photographer and are subject to a duration of 70 years from the date of publication.

We’ve heard from the lawyers again as further images have been found from other Mirror publications, The Express and The Star, that again infringe on their copyright available in your collection.

Alamy Ref / Contributor Ref

As there is little to no context to these images they could be seen as copyright infringement of the publications work so we have removed the images to prevent any potential issues.

Should we have any further updates on this claim we shall let you know.

They were typical images of a newspaper on a table, at an angle. In this case they were issues covering the Concorde crash in France. If they were flat copies it would be more understandable

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Yes, if they were taken on private property and property owner (or their representative) has contacted Alamy and asked that those images be removed....unless you have written permission to shoot and sell stock of those places.

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

I've had some images of newspapers removed recently.

They were typical images of a newspaper on a table, at an angle. In this case they were issues covering the Concorde crash in France. If they were flat copies it would be more understandable

Thanks, all. I wonder how that would affect images already licensed. I'm also wondering if Alamy checks with the photographer first to make sure images weren't shot from off-property.

On 29/03/2018 at 07:59, Michael Ventura said:

I seem to only get emails about the deletion of of images of places that don't want photos of their property on Alamy :o

Those -- plus the congratulations you've passed QC -- are the only e-mails I get these days. I really miss those monthly "Top 500 Club" ones of the distant past. They always blew me away. I certainly wouldn't make the grade nowadays...

Archived