Don't know. I can't see your "not for sale" images, so I can't tell you for sure. If you have added tags, a caption, specified how many people, property, releases, location, and specified at least one category, it should go on sale.

Looking at just one of your images, Tower Bridge, I can see that the image is not tagged or captioned correctly. It's a famous bridge, but still, a descriptive caption noting the type of bridge as well as the location is needed. In keyword (tags) you should have descriptive search phrases and well as descriptive key words. Name of the river, part of the city, road or highway that crosses it, season, time of day, orientation of the image itself (horizontal, landscape, vertical). Go to Wikipedia and type in Tower Bridge, and it should give you dozens of ideas for tags and captions. There are over 66,000 images in Alamy's library using the search term "Tower Bridge London", and you don't even have that simple phrase in your caption or tags. (it should be in both) No one will ever find your photo with the generic 8 tags you have on your image.

Did you enter all data on the mandatory tab? 

- Pseudonym

- Caption (Is that what you mean by titled?) 

- Tags (yes you said that in your OP) 

- License Type (you can set a default for this for future uploads) 

- Image Type (this can also be defaulted) 

16 minutes ago, Martin B said:

Don't know. I can't see your "not for sale" images, so I can't tell you for sure. If you have added tags, a caption, specified how many people, property, releases, location, and specified at least one category, it should go on sale.

This is not quite correct. Alamy instructions are:

"The only mandatory fields are now Pseudonym, Caption, Tags (minimum 5), Licence type and Image type. Everything else is completely optional."

3 minutes ago, gvallee said:

This is not quite correct. Alamy instructions are:

"The only mandatory fields are now Pseudonym, Caption, Tags (minimum 5), Licence type and Image type. Everything else is completely optional."

Probably right, but I just automatically do all the other stuff. Everyone really should too if they want to sell their work at some point. The minimum mandatory requirements to get the image on sale is probably not going to get the image in front of a client. Eight one word tags and a two word caption is not going to get the image seen. Not when other people with similar images are making the extra effort.

9 minutes ago, Martin B said:

Probably right, but I just automatically do all the other stuff. Everyone really should too if they want to sell their work at some point. The minimum mandatory requirements to get the image on sale is probably not going to get the image in front of a client. Eight one word tags and a two word caption is not going to get the image seen. Not when other people with similar images are making the extra effort.

Can't agree more, that's what I do, but it wasn't the OP's question.

It's misleading to tell him that filling the optional fields will change his images status from 'not on sale' to 'on sale'. It will not.

5 hours ago, alexlowry photography said:

Martin B Can you have a look at the tower bridge image again as I have added additional tags and better caption and title and tell me if its better many thanks and any other suggestions would be appreciated also how do you improve discoverability is it based on the number of tags you use

It looks the same. It can take Alamy a day or two to update changes sometimes. To answer your question, using specific tags to describe your photo is more important than the number of tags. Tags like "Tower Bridge London", "famous bridge", "River Thames", "UK", "London", "England", "historic bridge", "Bridge House Estates", "horizontal" ect. are vital, but use your imagination. You don't need 50, but 20 good keywords and phrases will help a lot. Just make sure not to use irrelevant or misleading keywords. The aim is not to get as many people as you can to look at your image, it is to get people who need the image you have to able to find it.

Follow the previous advice already given.

Just to let you know that six of your images I've looked at are incorrectly captioned "Street Dancer". Many of your tags are incorrect or irrelevant to the actual image content. Looks like you may be batch key-wording dissimilar images and not checking properly. Best to get this corrected before you add further images.

I recently tagged some images and even though they said "on sale" they were not visible in an Alamy search until after lunch the day after tagging them.

Allan

Archived