Updating Restrictions in AIM

fotoDogue

Last night I came across a wallpaper site, in Australia, that's offering 880 of my Alamy photos for wall murals.

I presume the site http://www.customwallpaper.net.au/ is legitimate, in part, because it says the Alamy watermark will be removed from the final product.

Most of these images are unreleased and really shouldn't be offered as Consumer Goods.  At the time they were submitted I presumed lack of model releases would prevent them from being sold as Consumer Goods. With all the concern over marking some images "Editorial Use Only" life would be so much easier if we could do a quick search in AIM to find images that either do, or don't have, restrictions and need to be updated.

hhmmmm ... is that authorized usage of our  pictures?

They appear to have quite a load of alamy pictures on their site and display them in a modified way as wallpaper examples: 

http://www.customwallpaper.net.au/size-positioning/?imgid={00E743F5-925C-4326-89D4-8DEAD05289E3}&ar=K8WBJH&searchfield=endangered red squirrel branch&pn=2

13 hours ago, fotoDogue said:

Last night I came across a wallpaper site, in Australia, that's offering 880 of my Alamy photos for wall murals.

I presume the site http://www.customwallpaper.net.au/ is legitimate, in part, because it says the Alamy watermark will be removed from the final product.

Most of these images are unreleased and really shouldn't be offered as Consumer Goods.  At the time they were submitted I presumed lack of model releases would prevent them from being sold as Consumer Goods. With all the concern over marking some images "Editorial Use Only" life would be so much easier if we could do a quick search in AIM to find images that either do, or don't have, restrictions and need to be updated.

I was surprised, in another context, that the "restricted images" filter didn't find the editorial restriction. I'm not sure what restrictions it does find.

15 hours ago, fotoDogue said:

If you go to filters > attributes at the bottom you can find restricted images.  It would nice to be able to filter further by the type of restriction ...

Clarence

6 hours ago, CHP said:

If you go to filters > attributes at the bottom you can find restricted images.  It would nice to be able to filter further by the type of restriction ...

Clarence

Thanks! I found the way to search for images without model releases, without property releases, etc, but what I'd like to do is search for images that don't have editorial restrictions.

That way I could update restrictions on older images before the Copyright Team has to send us email.

On 3/18/2018 at 06:04, geogphotos said:

Editorial Only restrictions seem to be respected so it looks  legitimate to me and good news that Alamy is developing the consumer market.

When I first stumbled across this site I had 880 images there. Then I placed Editorial Restrictions on the first 500 protest photos and today I only have 651, so they do seem to be honoring restrictions and updating frequently.  Now I only have to figure out how to place restrictions on the next 250 or so photos.

Actually all my images are marked as "Not for personal use" but there are still some of mine on that site too.

Allan

All of my images are marked "No Personal Use" too but that didn't keep them from being offered as wallpaper on this site.

Adding "Editorial Use Only" did the trick. I added some more restrictions yesterday and today I'm down to 518.

47 minutes ago, fotoDogue said:

All of my images are marked "No Personal Use" too but that didn't keep them from being offered as wallpaper on this site.

Adding "Editorial Use Only" did the trick. I added some more restrictions yesterday and today I'm down to 518.

Hmmm! I don't like to tick the "Editorial use only" box and still use the old system in that I say yes to people and property in the image and no to releases.

I think it gives customers options for there own use.

Allan

Archived