Hi All, 

How long do you have to wait for your images to appear in the alamy search after they are approved? My images were on sale on Sunday eve 10pm and today is Tuesday morning and they are still nowhere to be seen...

Thank you 

Michael 

If uploaded as news images they are searchable in the news image section. As far as I remember they will stay there for about 2-3 days. Then they will be transferred to your normal stock image collection after a server update.

Niels

59 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

If uploaded as news images they are searchable in the news image section. As far as I remember they will stay there for about 2-3 days. Then they will be transferred to your normal stock image collection after a server update.

Niels

You can find them in Image Manager as soon as they are on the Live News Feed, and make sure that they are ready to go live. I think that just adding keywords is the minimum you have to do as the other mandatory fields (Title, Caption, Pseudonym, Licence type) will already be filled.

Because of the way that Live News images drop off the page, and the fact that images only get transferred over to be available as stock once a day, I think there can be a gap of a few hours while the image is in neither view. I had a request from a local newspaper for an image  (I suspect they wanted it for free) so I wanted to send them the link to buy it from Alamy. It was no longer on Live News,  and I had to wait until it appeared under stock a few hours later. 

17 minutes ago, Keith Douglas said:

Because of the way that Live News images drop off the page, and the fact that images only get transferred over to be available as stock once a day, I think there can be a gap of a few hours while the image is in neither view.

Indeed. The 'overnight' database update still hasn't happened on my Live News images from Saturday - as at 11:00 UK time

Archived