Hi everyone

mickrb53

Hi Mick, 

Welcome to the forum. 

nice initial pictures you have got there. 

You may want to look at your tags - clients searching for dentist would probably expect to see (human) doctors, although there may be a link between your lion and a dentist. 

It also helps to add the latin scientific name to animals and plants. 

Suggest you take a look at some of the other pictures and their keywording that are similar to yours. 

You can also use a website like 

http://www.mykeyworder.com/home

to aid you keywording. 

Do not fall to just  using all the keywords of such a tool without reviewing them in the context of your picture.  

I am getting the impression from your captions that you are thinking of this as a place to have fun. OK. Fair enough. Do have fun but it is a place to sell your images to buyers who are looking to spend money to illustrate a book or an article or to advertise their product. You are going to want to look like a professional and give a lot of information to help people who are searching for images. Look at the instructions that Alamy gives on captions and keywords and be aware that your images will only be seen (and licensed) if you are serious about the keywords and captions.. You have asked for tips so I have felt free to be honest. You are not looking professional with your captions and keywords. Also, be aware that you must deselect an image in the image manager before you move on to the next image or your keywords will carry over. Your gorilla is not a lioness (or a man) and your lion is a male lion so he is not a lioness either. I'm kind of surprised that some of your images are on sale with only one keyword. I guess there is no minimum requirement. It may be that you don't want to spend your time in front of a computer doing the work that is involved in making a serious attempt to make a bit of money with your photos. You could just move on and find a place that is more of a camera club.

Paulette

I just realized that your first four images must have been uploaded a long time ago, judging by the reference number. They are the ones that only have one keyword. I do think that now you need at least five. It also looks to me like you were getting better results with the technical quality of your images then. Those look very professional to me. Perhaps you didn't continue to upload at the time because you weren't getting results. That could have been because they were so sparsely keyworded. As images, I think they can compete in the wildlife category but you would have to get to work on the captions and keywords.

Paulette

Welcome Mick.

I second what Paulette has said - do take it seriously, caption properly and keyword comprehensively so you make those sales.  Good luck and ask any questions you need an answer to - we're a friendly bunch and someone will be able to help you.

Mick you have the gem of a really great humorous idea with your Gorilla image.

However the caption should just answer the When Where What Why and How if possible.

The place to add the humor is in the keywords along with, gorilla, zoo etc. So a keyword phrase like “look at me”, “want to fight” “funny gorilla” “funny animal” etc would place the image in front of a buyer looking for funny images of animals as well as just a gorilla.

Like your images.

8 hours ago, NYCat said:

I think he has moved on. No changes have been made to keywords and captions. I hope he found an appropriate place for what he wants to do.

Paulette

Hopefully. He/she obviously has a talent for capturing animals' personalities. The images would be perfect for children's books.

Not to sound too self-righteous, but I'm continually amazed at how little research some people do these days before submitting to stock agencies.

Another sign of the times, I guess. Must be getting old.

I know. I think I should probably stay away from the introductions section of the forum. It is starting to make me cranky. He did have some good images but had let years go by without adding more than one keyword. This is just not the right place for what he wanted to do. I could hear Philippe saying "This is a professional stock agency."

Paulette

My advice is just advice. It is not an order. Doesn’t have to be followed.

Any advice can be useful to everyone, not just the original poster. For instance at the time of this posting 382 views so some of those viewers may have made use of the advice.

Archived