I have found one of my images (zoomed 5th July) using Google, and it was noted as July 2013 BestBeachHolidays Page 8. Website is given as www.bestbeachholidays.co.uk, but when I try to load it I get an 'exceeds bandwidth' notice. Has anyone heard of them? Should I wait the normal 12 weeks before notifying Alamy?

Any help appreciated,

Paul

Thanks, folks, for your replies. On further research it appears that the image (BDTJHW) was published in the Guardian on the 5th July, and appears to have been used by BestBeachHolidays on 11th July. I hope it's a genuine customer, but I fear not! Anyway, I am waiting for MS to call me back and will give them details and then wait and see what happens.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just came across this thread.  That link is now available: http://www.bestbeachholidays.co.uk/2013/07/page/8/ along with the rest of the Website.  There are also two other Alamy images on that page, both of which have also been used in the Guardian. 

• ACMA0P by Jack Sullivan
  • BR8X61 by Kevin Britland

All three images are credited to Alamy.

To be honest, it doesn't look like a site that would have paid for the images.  What did MS say?

Oh ~ this might not be good news. Any time I get something printed in the Guardian or the Telegraph, they inevitably get 'lifted'. As said above, best to check with MS first, just in case they're a genuine buyer. If they're not, you're on your own to chase them up. At least best beach is in the English language, so it's a bit easier to chase up than those in Asian scripts.

Archived