How delete the entire set of key words to image?

I started updating the keywords to the pictures of the previous years. In some cases, it is advisable to delete the entire set of key words to image. However, it is impossible to do this in the new Image Manager . Is it possible to use the old Image Manager in parallel? Are there other ways to resolve this issue? Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Gallery5 said:

I started updating the keywords to the pictures of the previous years. In some cases, it is advisable to delete the entire set of key words to image. However, it is impossible to do this in the new Image Manager . Is it possible to use the old Image Manager in parallel? Are there other ways to resolve this issue? Thank you.

Seems to me the only way to be able to do it is to individually delete each keyword in the new AIM. A very laborious task  which I am astonished Alamy has not made easier

Kumar (the Doc one)

If there was such thing as a workaround fir this, I too would be interested to know.
Deleting the keywords individually is an absolute pain in the bum.

It also seems that for photos that were given >50 keywords in the old IM can't simply be edited in the new IM becuase you need to bring the keywork count down to 50 before you can do anything, even if it's just add one single keyword. TBH this is putting me off going through many of my old pics where I know a lot could be done to improve their searchability.

There’s not anything to be done but attack them. If you have a set that’s well below 50 tags, you can do them together. I just did 5 that way. First I had to deselect the super tags individually in each image. Because if any supertags are different from image to image within the set, it’ll mess you up. Then batch get rid of some tags, add some tags. Add a phrase or two when appropriate.

But the ones over 50 will just have to be done the hard way, one at a time. I know, I’ve been doing it. 

I think it is finally paying off for me. While I’m at it, I’m deleting a few similars and redundant images. Over 100 last count.

Betty

I just noticed a new wrinkle. The front page of Alamy has an image that I had to look at more closely because it's a crossing at the Mara River. I noticed that the photographer had about a hundred keywords and was thinking "ah, a man after my own heart". I used to be able to add that many keywords in the old image manager. Then I noticed that the reference number begins with a K. So it is recently uploaded. Must be with the new image manager. How come he gets to use all those keywords??? And I am talking about each individual little box with words in it -- sometimes phrases but in total a hundred little boxes. What's going on? So frustrated with the whole image manager business!!!

Paulette

23 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I just noticed a new wrinkle. The front page of Alamy has an image that I had to look at more closely because it's a crossing at the Mara River. I noticed that the photographer had about a hundred keywords and was thinking "ah, a man after my own heart". I used to be able to add that many keywords in the old image manager. Then I noticed that the reference number begins with a K. So it is recently uploaded. Must be with the new image manager. How come he gets to use all those keywords??? And I am talking about each individual little box with words in it -- sometimes phrases but in total a hundred little boxes. What's going on? So frustrated with the whole image manager business!!!

Paulette

I didn't pay close attention and perhaps I imagined it but recently I thought that I was (subconsciously) able to upload more than 50 tags if  tagged before upload. I use a combination of templates and individual keywords in Bridge, so I don't count the number of tags. Anyone else has noticed this? 

Gen

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

I didn't pay close attention and perhaps I imagined it but recently I thought that I was (subconsciously) able to upload more than 50 tags if  tagged before upload. I use a combination of templates and individual keywords in Bridge, so I don't count the number of tags. Anyone else has noticed this? 

Gen

I think you’re on to something.

Archived