UK distributor commission.

I've just had a sale pop up for a national UK newspaper. Not a great price but worth having, even with the flat rate per image quantity discount. What killed it though was paying a distribution commission. I don't think I have seen this before. Have you? Paying distribution commission for a sale in the UK?

Stu.

Hi Geoff. This is the detail of location given in sales -

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national

Alamy distribution commission   30% 
Distributor Commission                40%.

Am I missing something here?

Stu.

7 hours ago, Stu said:

I've just had a sale pop up for a national UK newspaper. Not a great price but worth having, even with the flat rate per image quantity discount. What killed it though was paying a distribution commission. I don't think I have seen this before. Have you? Paying distribution commission for a sale in the UK?

Stu.

Under Distributors Alamy does list the UK.

I thought I'd opted out but apparently I overlooked it. That's one to  keep in mind during the opt-out period next April.

Not sure I understand this, had a small sale, alamy commission 30%/distributor commission 40%!!!!

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 August 2017
End: 01 August 2022

This is crazy!! 

Not really happy

18 minutes ago, FRP said:

hmm, thanks Geoff. 

You can opt out of distributions sales should you wish to do so.

Whether you would still get the sale because a buyer would widen their search to take in Alamy, or whether they would satisfice with a file available from their usual supplier is impossible for us to know.

Archived