I'm putting together a proposal for a book with a major UK publisher. I wanted to add some facts about stock library contributions in the sample chapter.

Does anyone know where I might find some "stats" on Alamy and perhaps other big agencies. Does anyone know where I might find things like number of contributors, average sales figures, daily/weekly submissions etc in one place?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

3 hours ago, Steve Valentia said:

I'm putting together a proposal for a book with a major UK publisher. I wanted to add some facts about stock library contributions in the sample chapter.

Does anyone know where I might find some "stats" on Alamy and perhaps other big agencies. Does anyone know where I might find things like number of contributors, average sales figures, daily/weekly submissions etc in one place?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

This might be of interest? See Alamy - Group of companies' accounts made up to 31 December 2015

Mark

Have you tried downloading some Annual Reports from stock photo agencies?

If you google list of stock photo agencies, you get lists of various length and quality.

Even Wikipedia has a page on stock photo agencies - who would have thought?  ;-)

Combine any name and Annual Report in Google and see if they have a recent one online.

Also try (the site of) Jim Pickerell.

Maybe consider contacting the people who signed this statement in 2011.

There are quite a few books too on the subject.

In recent weeks a new member of this forum had this one in his sig. ;-)

Google boasts there are 42000 on Google Books.

Amazon has a few too - not sure where you are based US? UK? IRL? - your visible profile doesn't reveal.

wim

7 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Have you tried downloading some Annual Reports from stock photo agencies?

If you google list of stock photo agencies, you get lists of various length and quality.

Even Wikipedia has a page on stock photo agencies - who would have thought?  ;-)

Combine any name and Annual Report in Google and see if they have a recent one

not sure where you are based US? UK? IRL? - your visible profile doesn't reveal.

Thanks for that, I looked at the annual report suggested by M. Chapman, but couldn't get any relevant info from it, so I'll try again with your links.

Actually my name tells you where I am (but you'd have to know Irish geography.) Valentia is an Island in South Kerry, Ireland.

I've compiled such lists, both for Midstock and Microstock:

https://brutallyhonestmicrostock.com/list-of-midstock-agencies/

https://brutallyhonestmicrostock.com/2017/04/03/alphabetical-list-of-microstock-agencies/

Contact me directly and we can chat.

Alex

19 minutes ago, Brasilnut said:

I've compiled such lists, both for Midstock and Microstock:

https://brutallyhonestmicrostock.com/list-of-midstock-agencies/

https://brutallyhonestmicrostock.com/2017/04/03/alphabetical-list-of-microstock-agencies/

Contact me directly and we can chat.

Alex

Thank you Alex, I'll be in touch shortly. Apart from a a few brief sentences on microstock, midstock and  macrostock agencies needed right now, I may have a need for a longer interview with someone very familiar with the stock library business, for a section of the book. Perhaps I could put you down as a possible for that?

Steve

Thank you Alex, I'll be in touch shortly. Apart from a a few brief sentences on microstock, midstock and  macrostock agencies needed right now, I may have a need for a longer interview with someone very familiar with the stock library business, for a section of the book. Perhaps I could put you down as a possible for that?

Hi Steve,

Yes, please do get in touch. I'm most familiar with Microstock, but happy to share insight on other sectors.

My contact details are on within links above. 

Archived