Change in shape of CTR plot since new search algorithm

Anyone else seeing a change in the shape of their CTR plot since the new search algorithm was introduced? My plot was always quite spiky but suddenly seems to have smoothed out.

Screen_Shot_2017-06-27_at_20.41.00.jpg 

I wonder why....

At first I thought it was just "random statistics" but the longer it goes on I think something has definitely changed. The number of images I have on Alamy hasn't changed that much so it's not the averaging effect of a larger portfolio.

I have noticed a change in the shape to my plot as I've got older!! and yes, not as spiky as it once was and definitely a little smother. The wife said she noticed it awhile back.

Cheers and gone.

Mine has not changed much.

Your CTR plot does look suspiciously like my revenue plot though.

As I said in a different thread:

<> it may well be different for different people. Honestly.

Well different for different collections; not people.

Yes, mine also smoothed out after the changes. However, it has started to spike again during the past couple of months. A client had a zoom-fest with some of my images (not complaining) earlier this month, so my CTR is currently reaching for the stars.

I retagged my images, deleted 2000 images, and converted everything to RF in the new Image Manager when it became available.

Since then my CTR has risen about 30% from before, and is not as spikey.

Even more interesting I have two pseudos.

William Brooks contained 1328 images that I really liked, and thought were my best.

Bill Brooks had 14023 lesser images that I thought were good meat and potatoes images. In the retagging I deleted 2000 of the weakest images in the Bill Brooks pseudo, leaving 12,023 under Bill Brooks. I deleted nothing from the William Brooks pseudo

Formally William Brooks was my best performing pseudo by a large margin. For the last 2 months Bill Brooks has been my best performing pseudo.

I think the takeaway is, it is more important to edit tightly, than to get your image numbers up.

Archived