Pseudonym description

31 minutes ago, Hellonearth said:

Hi, can anyone please tell me how I can change a pseudonym description? Thanks.

Kevin

I'm pretty sure you can only start a new pseudonym and then move the images there.

It's only a matter of minutes with the new AIM.

You do however lose the history of the old pseudo: I once wanted to change my wim wiskerke pseudo into Wim Wiskerke.

When that didn't work, I created a new one and deleted the old one. Poof went the complete history. So if you want to keep that, do not delete the old one.

wim

17 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

I'm pretty sure you can only start a new pseudonym and then move the images there.

It's only a matter of minutes with the new AIM.

You do however lose the history of the old pseudo: I once wanted to change my wim wiskerke pseudo into Wim Wiskerke.

When that didn't work, I created a new one and deleted the old one. Poof went the complete history. So if you want to keep that, do not delete the old one.

wim

Is that capital punishment?

Wim, can you tell me what happens if we move all of the images from one long established pseudo into another established one? Do the moved images take on the CTR of the new pseudo? 

Do the moved images retain their places in searches?

I'm very confused. 

Betty

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Wim, can you tell me what happens if we move all of the images from one long established pseudo into another established one? Do the moved images take on the CTR of the new pseudo? 

Do the moved images retain their places in searches?

I'm very confused. 

Betty

It used to be that all was lost.

;-)

The test if an image rises or falls is easy: just don't do it with all your images at once.

wim

7 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Fer cryin' out loud, wim, you expect me to test when I have you at my fingertips?  :lol::DB)

That's because it may well be different for different people. Honestly.

Well different for different collections; not people.

wim

I would of course like to know what and why it's different.  (And I guess some other people would too.)

;-)

Some clues: currently 1 or more pseudos; small/large collection (this may be a red herring); selling little/a lot; selling at low/high prices, you get the drift.

wim

I went ahead and created a new pseudo and transferred the photos because the old pseudo had not existed for long and therefore didn't have too much history. All the photos are taken in Phuket Town. I checked placement for "Old Phuket Town" before and after the transfer and there appeared to be no change. The stats from the old pseudo still show up in the Pseudonym Summary of course so maybe individual pseudos have no bearing on placement and it is just down to overall rank.

1 hour ago, Hellonearth said:

I went ahead and created a new pseudo and transferred the photos because the old pseudo had not existed for long and therefore didn't have too much history. All the photos are taken in Phuket Town. I checked placement for "Old Phuket Town" before and after the transfer and there appeared to be no change. The stats from the old pseudo still show up in the Pseudonym Summary of course so maybe individual pseudos have no bearing on placement and it is just down to overall rank.

A nice test would be to have some in the old and in the new pseudo that come up close in a search now. And see if there's any change.

Anyway it only matters if you (and/or your pseudo) do have a history.

wim

Archived