Strange search result

Amongst my searches yesterday I came across "Taking a quiz or test" which pulled up my image J307ME and E621W0. Clearly these donot apply, and only "taking" is a keyword. Looking at the page for this search shows most of the images pertaining to "taking a photograph" as did mine.

I'm a little confused as to what happened to create these search results where neither quiz or test are keywords.

Any thoughts?

Amongst my searches yesterday I came across "Taking a quiz or test" which pulled up my image J307ME and E621W0. Clearly these donot apply, and only "taking" is a keyword. Looking at the page for this search shows most of the images pertaining to "taking a photograph" as did mine.

I'm a little confused as to what happened to create these search results where neither quiz or test are keywords.

Any thoughts?

I also had some images come up with the same search.

I was curious as I didn't think I had any images with quiz or test in them.

What I did find was that all the images had the keyword/tag 'taking' in them, but none had quiz or test.

John

What happened is that the search engine got confused as the search should have been Taking a (quiz or test). It stopped after 'Taking a'.

Taking a quiz or test = 314,113 results

Taking a = 314,113 results.

No difference.

Gen

Interesting problem.

I'm not at my desktop and finding stuff out on mobile is a bit cumbersome.

The solution will lie in the search phrase and OR. So does the new search engine Know what OR is/does, but does not acknowledge word order? That would be too ironic. (In the light of all that has been communicated since Dec 5th.

wim

Archived