New but old but new again

Grant F

I posted my first images on Alamy in 2004...and during the next couple of years built up a number of travel images from scans of my EOS 300 and after that my new EOS 300D. Man times have changed since these early digital cameras, and submitting images via writable CD via mail to Alamy UK (when I was on my OE trip).

I recently sold my L lenses and Canon EOS 40D (which was gathering dust) and purchased a Canon G7X Mark ii to kick start my passion again.

Looking forward to more submissions and more sales....and unless it's an early April Fools joke, I got 4 sales today! 

Cheers

Grant

I joined Alamy back in 2007, and made my first submission in November 2016.   When I first started doing spot news photos for newspapers they only accepted B&W prints or negatives. Times have certainly changed.

I'm sure it's not a coincidence, or is it? 

After starting to log-in and upgrade a few keywords on a few images, I seem to start getting increased sale numbers!

Last year I had only 5 sales total from 1700 images, in the last 2 months I have had 6.

Anyway, I'm not complaining, and have a heap of images to upload from my last travel adventure to upload.

Onwards and upwards!

After starting to log-in and upgrade a few keywords on a few images, I seem to start getting increased sale numbers!

Last year I had only 5 sales total from 1700 images, in the last 2 months I have had 6.

Anyway, I'm not complaining, and have a heap of images to upload from my last travel adventure to upload.

Onwards and upwards!

From past experience and comments made on these forums it would appear that if you keep uploading your port seems to be looked at by the buyers more often.

Allan

Onwards and upwards!

From past experience and comments made on these forums it would appear that if you keep uploading your port seems to be looked at by the buyers more often.

Allan

Now that's interesting Allan. Must keep plodding along!

Onwards and upwards!

Allan

Oh. I like the sound of that. I need to dive into my HDD and start cataloging 8 years of shots! 

Archived