You are, nearly without doubt, in the 28 days bin for submitting an image failing the QC. A few days more and you will be able to see the culprit in the QC results. Better check all the images in the failing batches before submitting again, as only a few of your images have been checked by the QC.

I sent in a batch of about 16 several days ago and after a day I contacted QC to see what had happened to them. I then had a look at the batch and almost immediately saw the offending photo. I was lucky because they came back yesterday with a Partial Fail of one shot, so I fixed the offender and sent it in yesterday with another batch and they came back passed today. But that was my fault entirely for being sloppy with my usual checks at 100%. Second time I've had a PF recently and it makes you check just that little bit harder imo. Sometimes what happens in LR4 is I will do some spot removals and then with the next photo I will hit 'Previous' and forget about the spot removal and it then takes out something it shouldn't. Senior moments getting more and more frequent alas.  :D

I sent in a batch of about 16 several days ago and after a day I contacted QC to see what had happened to them. I then had a look at the batch and almost immediately saw the offending photo. I was lucky because they came back yesterday with a Partial Fail of one shot, so I fixed the offender and sent it in yesterday with another batch and they came back passed today. But that was my fault entirely for being sloppy with my usual checks at 100%. Second time I've had a PF recently and it makes you check just that little bit harder imo. Sometimes what happens in LR4 is I will do some spot removals and then with the next photo I will hit 'Previous' and forget about the spot removal and it then takes out something it shouldn't. Senior moments getting more and more frequent alas.  :D

In my experience Partial Fails are due to a problem in the upload or Alamy processing systems. All photos that have had this problem I've just put in with my next upload without a further look and they've gone through fine.

In my experience Partial Fails are due to a problem in the upload or Alamy processing systems. All photos that have had this problem I've just put in with my next upload without a further look and they've gone through fine.

Absolutely and I think that was the problem the first time actually. Second time it was definitely the photo.

QC is doing odd things presently. I have had several fly though in the usual day or so but still have a batch stuck in Processing - average wait 24 hours mode. I also had one pass which registered as a fail. Now amended.
Just waiting to see how it goes.

nj

• 2 weeks later...

I think that we are suffering from the summertime blues.

Last week I uploaded two batches. The second batch sailed through QC. The earlier batch has not yet passed QC a week later.

As a Newbie you may find that QC are spending more time on your submission, particularly if the decision is not clear cut.

Good luck anyway - we all get there in the end.

dov

Archived