Contributor image ID disappearing in IM search results?

I was trying to track down my image ID's for some old photos, and I discovered that when I use the "Search" function in the new image manager, only  the Alamy ID's show up beneath the thumbs in the search results -- i.e. my ID's seem to have disappeared. This is annoying. Am I missing something? 

I think Alamy said the new system won't do a search of our file number but they are trying to fix it.

Actually, I wasn't searching using my file numbers / IDs (they are what I want to find), just relevant keywords. Currently, the only way to find my original ID's for older images seems to be to scroll through pages and pages of images.

From Alamy:

Unfortunately there is no way currently for you to see your reference number when searching in AIM. This function is on a list of things to sort out but will take some time.

From Alamy:

Unfortunately there is no way currently for you to see your reference number when searching in AIM. This function is on a list of things to sort out but will take some time.

I was afraid of that. It was easy as pie in the old AIM.

Ah, the sweet smell of progress... B)

From Alamy:

However you can search for keywords across pseudos which is a big improvement.

Do a search that will at least contain all the images you're looking for and you'll be able to pick them from the center panel.

More intuitive than Alamy ref# or one's own library ref#.

OR now works as well. As in: Alamy ref# OR Alamy ref#. At first it didn't.

I do think it's a pity the filename doesn't show, because I use that somewhere else in my process.

wim

edit: there is one weird thing though: I can either use Alamy refs and keywords from images on sale or the Alamy ref# of an image that has not been on sale.

So there is indeed no way to copy keywords from an image that's on sale to an image that's not on sale.

My in between document is still the best workaround. However that route has been broken at the moment because the system truncates the input by it's own rules / at random.

Another simple workaround would be to include some fake temporary tags and a fake temporary caption. Wait until the image goes live and then keyword as usual.

Maybe we should create a thread with found workarounds.

However now it works - now it don't.

From Alamy:

edit: there is one weird thing though: I can either use Alamy refs and keywords from images on sale or the Alamy ref# of an image that has not been on sale.

So there is indeed no way to copy keywords from an image that's on sale to an image that's not on sale.

My in between document is still the best workaround. However that route has been broken at the moment because the system truncates the input by it's own rules / at random.

Another simple workaround would be to include some fake temporary tags and a fake temporary caption. Wait until the image goes live and then keyword as usual.

I also hit on the same idea of using a dummy caption (e.g. "AwaitingTags") and 5 dummy tags (e.g. "Tag1,Tag2,Tag3,Tag4,Tag5") applied to all images in a submission so the images go "on sale". Then waiting 24 hours for the database update then I can select any combination of old and new images together (using a search in MI like "AwaitingTags OR ThisTag OR ThisAlamyRef#")  to copy tags between. But... the damn MI database still hasn't updated for several days now, so searching in MI doesn't find my latest submission even though the sales database has now updated. Arrgghhh!

I normally include the creation date of my photos in the filename. When one of my archive images from the 1990s came up as March 2015 I had to go back to Lightroom to check the date.

Unfortunately not only does AIM not show your filename but it seems to require the full DDMMYYYY - not just 1990. Once you find the original date you have to deal with awkward pull down menus.

From Alamy:

I also hit on the same idea of using a dummy caption (e.g. "AwaitingTags") and 5 dummy tags (e.g. "Tag1,Tag2,Tag3,Tag4,Tag5") applied to all images in a submission so the images go "on sale". Then waiting 24 hours for the database update then I can select any combination of old and new images together (using a search in MI like "AwaitingTags OR ThisTag OR ThisAlamyRef#")  to copy tags between. But... the damn MI database still hasn't updated for several days now, so searching in MI doesn't find my latest submission even though the sales database has now updated. Arrgghhh!

Now the system has finally updated, I can confirm that this technique works and allows old images to appear alongside new images in the new MI so tags can be copied from the old images to the new ones by simply clicking tags in the new MI.

Maybe we should start a thread of known workarounds. ;-)

Note to self: do that locally also: for the life of me I cannot remember how I have been able before to edit or delete a frozen caption. (Frozen after typing 4 characters too many.)

wim

Maybe we should start a thread of known workarounds. ;-)

Note to self: do that locally also: for the life of me I cannot remember how I have been able before to edit or delete a frozen caption. (Frozen after typing 4 characters too many.)

wim

Wasn't it select all (Ctrl A) then hit delete?

Archived