Best Way to Delete Images?

The official ReeRay way is to remove all keywords, caption and location (save) then delete. Wait 6 months (?) and there're gone.

Hope this helps

That's the old way.  I thought there was new way since the new IM came out.

It's also the new way - check it out.

I am redoing tagging on old images and deleting 5-10%.

Yesterday, using Image Manager, I did a search on all of my images for Waikiki and came up with about 40 images. On a 27 inch monitor I can see all 40 images. I selected 5 of the weakest images, and hit the delete button in the optional area.

The images then disappear from the search page. I then worked on the remaining 35 images to bring them up to date.

I do not bother to delete the tags before deleting the image, as it is too much additional work. If someone wants to buy, or is in the process of buying a weak image, in the next 6 months then let them do it. I am not going to send my weaker images anywhere else.

When you delete images, make sure you work on the remainder in the search without leaving the search. If you do a second search for Waikiki later, then the deleted images will show up in the search but be unresponsive when you try to select them.

Because of the reappearance of deleted images in subsequent searches a mass delete is not a good idea. I also want to refine my portfolio by considering my other images on the same subject matter. It makes the deleting decision easier.

A trash pseudo will pull down your CTR if clients do not click on, or buy, your weaker images.

A trash pseudo will pull down your CTR if clients do not click on, or buy, your weaker images.

It will only affect that particular pseudo, as CTR and rank are per pseudo, not per contributor. So with a junk pseudo the CTR doesn't matter.

That's if CTR/rank still mean anything with the new search engine, but that's another matter.

Geoff.

I understood that your total CTR was based on the performance (CTR) of all your pseudos and that a poor pseudo would indeed affect and drag you down overall. I seem to remember David Kilpatrick emphasising this. (I think)

Archived