How to transfer same keywords from old to new image in AIM

Just got the new Image Manager as a total surprise. Trying to find out how it works, but one important action defies me. I cannot find out from instructions or otherwise how to move multiple keywords in one go from an old image to a new one with multiple common keywords. It looks as if I will have to move these one by one unless someone can come to my assistance with a method. If I copy keywords from an old image to the new tags field they simply don't show up. Very frustrating and time consuming if I have to do it bit by bit. It was a doddle to do it in the old set-up.

Another issue is that when I captioned an image the actual caption is not in view, but the counting shows 115/150 so there must be something there. Does anyone know how to make the caption visible?

It looks to me as if this change adds a lot of exttra work to the keywording if there is no way to transfer common keywords to new images.

I have had a look but cannot find a previouse topic on this. If there is one I apologise and request that I be given a reference.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

You're right, this can't be done in the old way. You have to copy, paste to Word, find and replace carriage returns with commas, then paste to the tag box.

Alternatively select "all subs", scroll right down to the image you want to copy from, and select it along with the new images.

This is what I do - anyone with a better way please let me know too!

1. in IM, highlight the new image - no tags will be visible as none have been given yet.

2. in IM, find the old (on sale) image and highlight it also

3. Now all the tags for the "old" image will be visible, but they will all be greyed out as none of them are yet common to both images.

4. Click on each tag - they will become black. 

5. Save

6. Unclick the old image and the new image will have the identical tags to the old one.

7. Remove the tags you dont want, add more you do want and make the important ones supertags.

Seems laborious, and would be better if we could highlight all the tags at the same time and then one click would do it.

Regards

Kumar

This is what I do - anyone with a better way please let me know too!

1. in IM, highlight the new image - no tags will be visible as none have been given yet.

3. Now all the tags for the "old" image will be visible, but they will all be greyed out as none of them are yet common to both images.

5. Save

6. Unclick the old image and the new image will have the identical tags to the old one.

7. Remove the tags you dont want, add more you do want and make the important ones supertags.

Seems laborious, and would be better if we could highlight all the tags at the same time and then one click would do it.

Regards

Kumar

That's what I was trying to say, but it can be a lot of scrolling and you have to know where the "old" image is. It's tough enough on my 7000, but you might not want to scroll down all your 20,000. I do have a pinned IM open permanently for that, but IM does hang occasionally so I'm not sure how long it will last without a reload.

5. Save

Geez, I'm so not looking forward to this migration.

Richard.

You're right, this can't be done in the old way. You have to copy, paste to Word, find and replace carriage returns with commas, then paste to the tag box.

Alternatively select "all subs", scroll right down to the image you want to copy from, and select it along with the new images.

As I posted elsewhere, it is possible to simply select existing keywords by doing a search for an image on the main Alamy search in one browser window and paste them directly into the add new tags box in another browser window. I am using Macs and it works on both my machines but others using Macs have reported being unable to do this. I have also seen a post from one PC user who has been able to do this directly without using an intermediate text editor.

Obviously the OP is unable to do this but it is worth keeping in mind that it does work for some of us but not others rather than stating that it can't be done - it definitely can but it is a bit mysterious why it works for some and not others.

As I posted elsewhere, it is possible to simply select existing keywords by doing a search for an image on the main Alamy search in one browser window and paste them directly into the add new tags box in another browser window. I am using Macs and it works on both my machines but others using Macs have reported being unable to do this. I have also seen a post from one PC user who has been able to do this directly without using an intermediate text editor.

Obviously the OP is unable to do this but it is worth keeping in mind that it does work for some of us but not others rather than stating that it can't be done - it definitely can but it is a bit mysterious why it works for some and not others.

Yes forgot about that one. I can do that directly, commas split into one-word tags and phrases stay together. They still turn straight into tags, though, and won't remain in the box to be edited.

Yes forgot about that one. I can do that directly, commas split into one-word tags and phrases stay together. They still turn straight into tags, though, and won't remain in the box to be edited.

No they don't remain in the box for editing which could be corrected very easily I expect by changing a line of code. This would be an enhancement for sure.

However, I was just making the point that it is possible to batch edit a set of new images by pasting in existing keywords directly from Alamy search. They can be refined afterwards. The big problem I find is that is not possible to easily remove existing keywords without clicking each one individually so that doing a batch edit on images with existing keywords means that you potentially get loads of extraneous tags which is very unwieldy (and annoying messages in blind alleys about too many tags/supertags).

A simple remove all keywords button would allow pasting of an entirely new set of tags overwriting the existing ones which could be a real timesaver and sanity-saver. It doesn't mean getting rid of all old keywords, just adding them back with a simple paste.

I'm wondering if when people say the pasted keywords/tags don't show up, is this because the add new tags box adds them immediately without needing to click the + button and they disappear automatically from the add new tags box but are available below the box and are actually added to the image(s) once you click Save.

Guest Stockfotoart
On 1.2.2017 at 11:37, spacecadet said:

On 1.2.2017 at 11:23, Doc said:

but IM does hang occasionally so I'm not sure how long it will last without a reload.

Archived