iCloud losing metadata

Hope no one is using iCloud to keep/store images as I have seen a report which says there is a bug which is causing iCloud to lose metedata from images placed there.

I do not use iCloud myself so cannot confirm report but it has come from a reputable source.

Allan

Hope no one is using iCloud to keep/store images as I have seen a report which says there is a bug which is causing iCloud to lose metedata from images placed there.

I do not use iCloud myself so cannot confirm report but it has come from a reputable source.

Allan

Hi Allan,

I'm not sure where this report came from.  I am unable to find any recent reference to it.

I only keep personal images on iCloud, and only for the purpose of syncing between devices, but I've just downloaded a recent image and all of the EXIF data came with it.

People sometimes become confused as there is no way to see any metadata other than date taken if you log into iCloud.com.

Either way, thanks for the info.

Ian.

I do not use any external cloud system except my own, which is having over me as I write this. :)

This was reported in the latest copy of MAC format magazine.

Allan

I have not seen meta data loss personally in the iCould (at least I don't think so)

HOWEVER

There are definite metadata issues on iPads and iPhones (therefore iOS). For example, download an image with metadata and edit in the baiting photos app, metadata may be lost. Share or export, it may be lost. You need to be what apps you use and in what order. It might be this which has mistakenly been blamed on iCould

Archived