RM - Duration: unlimited

Have I missed something here?  I know I may be cracking the same old chestnuts in the "RM is the new RF" debate, but has anyone else had a RM sale with multiple use & Duration: Unlimited?

Use it forever, for as many times as you like and call it RM?  I guess iQ is the new RF...

Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Education
Start: 19 September 2016
Duration: Unlimited

I had one of those drop in yesterday for less than I would probably charge for one time use in a single edition.

FWIW it's an image that's already sold several times for textbooks so why license it as "unlimited?"

I guess the days of Rights Managed Licenses where clients pay per use, according to size and print run, have passed.

I had one of those drop in yesterday for less than I would probably charge for one time use in a single edition.

FWIW it's an image that's already sold several times for textbooks so why license it as "unlimited?"

I guess the days of Rights Managed Licenses where clients pay per use, according to size and print run, have passed.

If not passed, at least passing by the looks of it.

For the rolling year:

17 x Print run: unlimited - from $40 - 380 mostly in the higher regions.

15 x Duration: Unlimited - from $38 - 240 again mostly in the higher regions.

220px-HungryCaterpillar.JPG

One could always wish for more, but I'm not complaining.

wim

I think the stock photo industry is moving towards a download fee only.

Rights managed, Royalty Free, Public Domain, Model or Property Release, doesn’t much matter, they are all becoming the same thing. Just a download and nothing more.

It pains me to do it, but I've used your post as marking this thread 'solved', Bill.

For the rolling year:

17 x Print run: unlimited - from $40 - 380 mostly in the higher regions.

15 x Duration: Unlimited - from $38 - 240 again mostly in the higher regions.

220px-HungryCaterpillar.JPG

One could always wish for more, but I'm not complaining.

wim

Pleased to hear that your higher regions are the areas most affected, Wim.  I'm afraid that I've been hit in the lower regions  ;)  (very painful, I can tell you)! :D:mellow::(

Archived