July Challenge - "Heat"

These inspirational women feeling the heat in the 2011 London Marathon.  At this point they'd already run 23 miles in this costume

C3XKAA.jpg

Slightly tenuous but topical... 35 degree heat on the Champs Elysees last weekend and these guy still power on

DAYXKJ.jpg

And perhaps an obvious and popular shot of a match being struck

D04NER.jpg

Oddly enough that meerkat pic sold yesterday for a whole $10. Along with another six.

that's funny I had 2 meerkat shots sell for $10 too  .. maybe someone is collecting!  ;-)

Oddly enough that meerkat pic sold yesterday for a whole $10. Along with another six.

that's funny I had 2 meerkat shots sell for $10 too  .. maybe someone is collecting!  ;-)

Meerkat 1 a day calendar. Typical bulk fee for if they're buying 365 images.

wim

edit:

OK a google search easily reveals the buyer, including a tear. Let's not discuss prices on the open net any further please.

edit2: it's in the images found thread.

wim

edit:

OK a google search easily reveals the buyer, including a tear. Let's not discuss prices on the open net any further please.

Wim, thanks for revealing the source of those mysterious sales, but who are you to stifle other people's discussions? and have you not seen the open discussions/therad/posts about earnings every single month?????  

wim

edit:

Wim, thanks for revealing the source of those mysterious sales, but who are you to stifle other people's discussions? and have you not seen the open discussions/therad/posts about earnings every single month?????  

I don't want to stifle anything, but I hate it when people are giving my images away for peanuts.

wim

wim

edit:

I don't want to stifle anything, but I hate it when people are giving my images away for peanuts.

wim

we all do Wim, it is not fair at all

I agree with wim's suggestion not to discuss specific prices one finds unsatisfactory.

Or, to repeat what I've mentioned in another thread here in past:

If it's the type of price info I would not send in a general email to direct clients, it's the type of price info I would not post on a forum searchable by google....

I agree with wim's suggestion not to discuss specific prices one finds unsatisfactory.

If it's the type of price info I would not send in a general email to direct clients, it's the type of price info I would not post on a forum searchable by google....

So you haven't seen the monthly discussion threads talking specifically about sales? I find it very useful to know what is selling and what isn't and when some else also gets a small sale that is not explained by Alamy. They don't always turn up in the "have you seen..." threads. I wasn't aware these forums are searchable by Google, perhaps they shouldn't be since they often discuss matters only concerning contributors.  

Hi Ray - Well, though I'm more familiar with "Found A photographs in Month-X?" threads, I have seen what you wrote about.

Considering everything, I'd opt for contacting A (or PM'ing one of the many fellow contributors likely to know more than I), rather than post about it.

Also related to searchable forums - I recently tweaked my signature. If someone ggg's my name, I want my site/work coming up, not posts that are generally as exciting as what I'm writing now :)  All the best, Ann

So you haven't seen the monthly discussion threads talking specifically about sales? I find it very useful to know what is selling and what isn't and when some else also gets a small sale that is not explained by Alamy. They don't always turn up in the "have you seen..." threads. I wasn't aware these forums are searchable by Google, perhaps they shouldn't be since they often discuss matters only concerning contributors.  

Archived