Raw Files from Lumix ending RW2

I have photoshop  6 on a mac running 10.6.8. I now have a panasonic Lumix RX100. It says it needs DNG converter 8.7 to open the lumix files. Adobe says  DNG 8.7 needs operating system 10.7.  I dont want to upgrade my operating system. Any suggestions ???

I have photoshop  6 on a mac running 10.6.8. I now have a panasonic Lumix RX100. It says it needs DNG converter 8.7 to open the lumix files. Adobe says  DNG 8.7 needs operating system 10.7.  I dont want to upgrade my operating system. Any suggestions ???

panasonic Lumix RX100???????

Do you mean LX100  or TZ100?

Allan

I have photoshop 6 on a mac running 10.6.8. I now have a panasonic Lumix RX100. It says it needs DNG converter 8.7 to open the lumix files. Adobe says DNG 8.7 needs operating system 10.7. I dont want to upgrade my operating system. Any suggestions ???

panasonic Lumix RX100???????

Do you mean LX100 or TZ100?

Allan

If it's the LX100 (had me confused with the Sony RX100) then Capture One Pro 9 should work, if it runs on your OS

I had the same problem with Lumix FZ1000 files. I updated Lightroom and DNG convertor and it didn't help. Even editing them in the Lumix software and saving didn't help LR see them. LR finally started reading them after I changed the color space in camera from Adobe RGB to SRGB. I really don't know if this was really the cure as it seems totally illogical but it was the step I took just before LR started recognizing the RW2 files.

I had the same problem with Lumix FZ1000 files. I updated Lightroom and DNG convertor and it didn't help. Even editing them in the Lumix software and saving didn't help LR see them. LR finally started reading them after I changed the color space in camera from Adobe RGB to SRGB. I really don't know if this was really the cure as it seems totally illogical but it was the step I took just before LR started recognizing the RW2 files.

That is illogical as the camera color space is not relevant to the raw file but who knows what goes on in the depths of a raw file.

In any case, I think the OP's problem is that the version of the DNG converter (or LR/ACR) required to read the files from his camera doesn't work on MacOS Snow Leopard which is pretty ancient now. And I don't think Ian's suggestion of CaptureOne 9 will work on Snow Leopard either. It's looking like an OS upgrade to me - if that is possible depending on the Mac (could always have a dual boot system if the Mac will take a newer OS and it is really necessary to keep Snow Leopard). Or maybe a new Mac?

Archived