Changing User Name

Assuming by user name you mean your pseudo (Irwin) then the following applies.

If you need to correct a typo in your pseudo contact MS (member services) and they will do it for you I believe.

To make a new pseudo go into manage images and set up a new pseudo from there.

You can then move images between your pseudos at will.

Allan

Assuming by user name you mean your pseudo (Irwin) then the following applies.

If you need to correct a typo in your pseudo contact MS (member services) and they will do it for you I believe.

To make a new pseudo go into manage images and set up a new pseudo from there.

You can then move images between your pseudos at will.

Allan

Hi Allan

Thanks for the reply.

Actually that's not exactly what I mean.  When I click the active link to the number of images shown below by profile image (or avatar), it takes me to a page that shows all my images, but it only shows my first name.

For example... when I click the active link for "3027" images under your avatar it takes me to the portfolio of "Allan-Bell"... but when I click on the active link for "66" under my avatar, the resulting portfolio only shows my first name (Irwin).  As I build my portfolio and eventually begin to market it, I would like to show my full name.

Does this make any sense :)

I suggest you contact Member Services and explain what you want succinctly. I'm not sure just how to resolve it.

Is it only the forum name? That may be what's happening, you joined the forum under Irvin only.

Did you give both first and last names when you joined Alamy?

Ah, yes. Many here have nicknames like Doc, Redsnapper, and such only here on the forum. Whether it is a nickname, or real both names for the forum, that's how it appears when you link their images.

It doesn't have anything to do with the name you used when you signed up to Alamy.

Not sure how to fix your forum name.

Check out this thread.

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/111-can-i-change-my-forum-name/

Irwin, I brought up one of your images in s search. Your full name, Irwin Seidman shows as the author of the image.

Your forum name, Irwin, will only be seen here by your fellow forum members. I wouldn't worry about that.

Betty

I believe when the image count is clicked in the forum, your forum name will be shown.  If you want a link to all your images you can use the "Link to your images on Alamy" under "My Alamy".

If you click on any of your images and look at the zoom page, it has your full name as the credit.  It only says Irwin if clicked under your forum name.  Any customer clicking on any of your images after a search will see your full name and that is how it will be credited (assuming they give a credit).

Jill

If you click on any of your images and look at the zoom page, it has your full name as the credit.  It only says Irwin if clicked under your forum name.  Any customer clicking on any of your images after a search will see your full name and that is how it will be credited (assuming they give a credit).

Jill

The actual pseudo that would be.

Archived