Adding a Visible Copyright to my Images

Occasionally I use a small file version of one of my Alamy images in a blog or social site.

In Elements 14  I select the type tool and add a copyright notice manually.  ie.  © John Walker 2016  etc

Is there a way I can store this notice in Elements so that I can quickly drop it on any of my images?

Thanks

John

Does Elements do layers?

dd

Hi john, this might be a bit long winded but what I've done in the past is open a new file in elements and check the "black" background. Use the "Text" tool to type in your copyright using a white text colour. "Crop" the image so very little background is showing round the text. Save that image as is, When you need to copy it to an image open your image and also the text image, (I usually "duplicate" the original) Drag and drop the text image over the duplicate, "Free Transform" tool to adjust the size and position of the text, "Magic eraser" the background of the text file, adjust "Opacity" of the text, flatten layers and bingo!

Hope this helps,

Regards, Davey :)

If you have Lightroom you can do it in seconds once you have set it up, which is also quick and easy. I know this isn't much help if you haven't got LR however.

Pearl

Just use a layer in E14.

Simply make a new layer and add text to the new layer and then save as a TIFF (don't merge down). Next time you need the copyright, just drag that layer across from one file from another from the layers tab. You can then resize using control+t. Background of that layer will be transparent.

If you've not used layers

:) . . . ah, so Elements DOES do layers . . . in that case, what Mr Kidd said :)

dd

Does Elements allow you to define your own brushes?

If yes, then make a brush pre-set from your chosen text and simply paint with that over your image

It's what i do when i don't need to use Lightroom's batch export function

km

Does Elements allow you to define your own brushes?

If yes, then make a brush pre-set from your chosen text and simply paint with that over your image

It's what i do when i don't need to use Lightroom's batch export function

km

Agree with Keith here.  Simply turn your signature or the text into a brush preset.  Easy peasy.  Assuming Elements lets you do that.

Jill

Thanks everyone for your inputs.  Quite a few options suggested so will do some experimenting.

I don't think Elements allows paintbrush defining. I use to use that years ago in Paintshop - quite a useful tool.

John

Archived