Hi new to Alamy, just submitted my 4 test photos, they were all rejected, as the one is said to have camera shake, the thing is, it was on a tripod, with a slow shutter speed, as it was a water fall? so I am confused now on how to pass the QC any ideas as it defiantly didn't have camera shake?

QC reasons aren't always absolutely accurate- if there was no clear point of focus, or the shutter speed was too slow, it may have appeared to be camera shake. Without seeing it we can't say- if post a 100% crop you'll get some suggestions.

Moving subjects aren't a good choice for your initial sub.

Hi new to Alamy, just submitted my 4 test photos, they were all rejected, as the one is said to have camera shake, the thing is, it was on a tripod, with a slow shutter speed, as it was a water fall? so I am confused now on how to pass the QC any ideas as it defiantly didn't have camera shake?

I rather go with the others' comments but remember that you can also have camera shake with a tripod and long exposures due to one or more of the following: using the thin legs at the bottom or post at the top, breeze or wind, no weight to stabalise it, shutter release unsettling camera (no timer, no remote release), movement of mirror, flexible surface, earthquake (only had one here in Japan while taking a photograph). I'm sure there are other reasons (beyond avalanche and landslide) as well!

If you want to show us some 100% crops I'm sure that someone would offer an opinion.

Your colleagues here should be heeded (my emphasis):

QC reasons aren't always absolutely accurate- if there was no clear point of focus, or the shutter speed was too slow, it may have appeared to be camera shake. Without seeing it we can't say- if post a 100% crop you'll get some suggestions.

I rather go with the others' comments but remember that you can also have camera shake with a tripod and long exposures due to one or more of the following: using the thin legs at the bottom or post at the top, breeze or wind, no weight to stabalise it, shutter release unsettling camera (no timer, no remote release), movement of mirror, flexible surface, earthquake (only had one here in Japan while taking a photograph). I'm sure there are other reasons (beyond avalanche and landslide) as well!

If you want to show us some 100% crops I'm sure that someone would offer an opinion.

In the absence of a 100% crop we're all shooting in the dark and can't really help . . .

dd

Your colleagues here should be heeded (my emphasis):

In the absence of a 100% crop we're all shooting in the dark and can't really help . . .

dd

If literally so then that may be the problem DD.  ;)

The other thing is that even if you clear your first four images, if you think that the original four were all fine and they didn't pass then they and similar shots probably won't pass at a later date, so it's worth getting to the bottom of what the problem really is and where you and QC are having a clash of perceptions. For the test shots there isn't a sin bin but there is once you're on board.

If there are no fail reasons against the other images they have passed. (Post 10 in this thread: http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/5172-qc-fail/)

Resubmit those and consider getting an opinion from the forum before you upload the new one. You can use a site like photobucket to share it. if you decide to share the whole photo rather than a crop, then watermark it so that your full file isn't freely available on the internet.

You didn't mention tornado, volcano, plane crash.. 

Or of course the elephant in the room - or waterfall.. climate change. 

All plausible  :P

You didn't mention tornado, volcano, plane crash.. 

Or of course the elephant in the room - or waterfall.. climate change. 

All plausible  :P

Interesting... metaphorical, Indian or African? I hadn't considered the elephant in the room.  :unsure:

Agree it is shaky for the beginner, but once you pass the sample test, you will find sailing very smooth. My first sample was rejected because I uploaded 5 images (instead of 4), second because one of the four failed, but once I was through in third set I have more than 36 sets passed no failures in one month. Keep it simple 4 in the sample, best of your images technically, and once you pass QC test, you will find it very easy. Just keep in mind keep as few sets in the waiting queue as possible because if they reject one set they will fail all remaining in queue. Upload next set/sets only after waiting queue is decided upon.

hello everyone, loaded the same 3 photos and another one, yay they passed the QC so pleased, thanks for all your help, just got to wait for them to go on website now :), I have added key words.

Best of luck in your regular submissions

Archived