Transferring files to Iphone from my Blackberry Z30 for Stockimo

Since it seems highly unlikely Alamy will come out with an Android version of Stockimo (even though they promised they would) I have considered buying a used Iphone 4s simply to get the Stockimo app.

How easy is it for me to take the images I have on my Blackberry Z30 and get them on to the Iphone to upload to Stockimo?

Is it a pain? Or fairly effortless?

Jill

The best way I've found to transfer files between my iPhone and Mac is with AirDrop.

You would need a Mac running Lion or newer and an iPhone 5 running iOS 7 or newer
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204144

Other choices would be a third party transfer App or  Emailing it to yourself

fD

The best way I've found to transfer files between my iPhone and Mac is with AirDrop.

You would need a Mac running Lion or newer and an iPhone 5 running iOS 7 or newer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204144

Other choices would be a third party transfer App or  Emailing it to yourself

fD

I have a Windows 10 computer. No Apple products whatsoever in my house, so have to move either from phone to phone or from phone to computer to phone.  I don't plan to set up any email on the Iphone. Simply want to use the app and that's it.

And just discovered only the Iphone 6 & 6s have NFC.

Jill

Just use your iPhone as a camera.  You don't need cell activation to use it.  Connect it to your wifi network at home and you can upload through that.  If you are using Lightroom CC you can get the Lightroom app for free. There is Photoshop and apps that allow you full control over the camera and much more.  You can upload to Stockimo through your wifi.

On the other hand, if you don't plan on using it as a phone, you might want to consider the new iPod Touch. It has an 8mp camera and it's only $200 for the 16gb model.

https://www.apple.com/lae/ipod/

I must have read incorrect specs on a site.

I already have an 8mp camera on my z30 as well as image stabilization. I don't want to invest $200US (which would cost me about $275CDN) just to have an app. Easier to buy a used iphone and transfer photos.

Seems like there are a few good options, so I shall go iphone hunting.

Jill

The original idea for Stockimo was that it was photos from an iPhone only, they did do a cull a year or so ago, of non iPhone images, but it's pretty obvious some are using cameras with a higher spec. Maybe someone at Alamy can confirm this is still the case or not?

The original idea for Stockimo was that it was photos from an iPhone only, they did do a cull a year or so ago, of non iPhone images, but it's pretty obvious some are using cameras with a higher spec. Maybe someone at Alamy can confirm this is still the case or not?

Hmm ... I thought the original idea was to represent mobile phone photography, not photography from one particular brand of mobile phone. I believe that Alamy have said it's OK to transfer from an non-Apple mobile phone to another device that runs the Stockimo app, and upload from there ... haven't they? 

Im not sure, as I said I do remember there was a Cull of images around a year ago, maybe longer. They did send an e-mail at the time

They might have relaxed it, but I haven't seen anything about it, or had another e-mail.

It would be easy to edit photos on a PC then e-mail them to your iPhone 4 to upload via Stockimo though

With the EXIF data on the image, Aamy can tell from where your image came from. They have mentioned that they were working on an Android version, but it was more difficult than an iOS version. But they do say they should be from a phone or other device. Possible meaning a tablet?

From the Stockimo Terms and Conditions:

[image]

means any digitized photograph, video clip, illustration, or other Image of whatever nature which at any time during the term of this Agreement you submit via the Stockimo App and which has been taken on a cell phone or other device.

As I finish this, I am off to go pick up my cracked iphone for $25.

Jill

You can use any mobile phone to take pictures. But then you have to upload to Stockimo from an Apple device. When I first began submitting, I had an LG G3, an Android phone. I emailed the photos to myself, then submitted through my iPad.

I do have an iPhone now, but still prefer to edit and submit from my iPad for the obvious reasons, the larger screen. Easier to see how different effects look.

And yes, you can edit them on your computer, then email them to yourself again. Although I recently tried Air Drop and that works great. The images appear magically from my iMac to my other Iwhatevers.

All of this is easier if you have Apple devices all around, but it isn't necessary as long as you have one Apple device to submit from. I have never submitted from my iPhone. Always through my iPad.

Betty

With the EXIF data on the image, Aamy can tell from where your image came from. They have mentioned that they were working on an Android version, but it was more difficult than an iOS version. But they do say they should be from a phone or other device. Possible meaning a tablet?

From the Stockimo Terms and Conditions:

[image]

means any digitized photograph, video clip, illustration, or other Image of whatever nature which at any time during the term of this Agreement you submit via the Stockimo App and which has been taken on a cell phone or other device.

As I finish this, I am off to go pick up my cracked iphone for $25.

Jill

You can use any mobile phone to take pictures. But then you have to upload to Stockimo from an Apple device. When I first began submitting, I had an LG G3, an Android phone. I emailed the photos to myself, then submitted through my iPad.

I do have an iPhone now, but still prefer to edit and submit from my iPad for the obvious reasons, the larger screen. Easier to see how different effects look.

And yes, you can edit them on your computer, then email them to yourself again. Although I recently tried Air Drop and that works great. The images appear magically from my iMac to my other Iwhatevers.

All of this is easier if you have Apple devices all around, but it isn't necessary as long as you have one Apple device to submit from. I have never submitted from my iPhone. Always through my iPad.

Betty

That's what I understood Jill & yeah Betty the app on iPad. I'm not aware of any more culls myself though

Archived