I had two Stockimo LiveNews images used in an online UK newspaper last Christmas day - fortunately they were reported in the "Have you found" thread otherwise I may never have known. The sales haven't appeared in the Stockimo app so I have been regularly chasing Alamy over the last few months, but still no sign of them or any explanations on why it us taking so long and not been paid - the link to the images were included.

It is coming up to a year now. What would you do? 

Thanks.

Carolyn

Yup, that's the idea, ask for details and tell Alamy you will start your own case. There are more and more firms ready and happy to help you with infringements on good conditions for both sides. And I can confirm they are successful and much more profitable than Alamy's action... Sorry Alamy, that's the fact.

Are others having the same experience too?

I originally told Member Services about an infringement about 5 months ago on one of my images that is available only on Alamy. I gave them all the details. I've been chasing Member Services about once a month, and just get a "stock reply" along the lines of, "The billing department are working on it.... We'll get back to you when we have an answer". Last time I got a bit more shirty, and still got a similar reply.

Yup, that's the idea, ask for details and tell Alamy you will start your own case. There are more and more firms ready and happy to help you with infringements on good conditions for both sides. And I can confirm they are successful and much more profitable than Alamy's action... Sorry Alamy, that's the fact.

Much easier to make a case with some of those other firms as well, their software does the search, you make the final comparison of images... they start chasing!

I had two Stockimo LiveNews images used in an online UK newspaper last Christmas day - fortunately they were reported in the "Have you found" thread otherwise I may never have known. The sales haven't appeared in the Stockimo app so I have been regularly chasing Alamy over the last few months, but still no sign of them or any explanations on why it us taking so long and not been paid - the link to the images were included.

It is coming up to a year now. What would you do? 

Thanks.

Carolyn

Since it is a Live News photo, I would forward your old email to member services to news@alamy.com asking for their help.

I've been chasing an unreported usage from July and Alamy told me it is 'in the hands of the billing team' and 'no need to contact them for updates'.

When I decided to contact them again I was told that actually Picscout are handling this for Alamy. (aren't Picscout owned by Getty?)

Not very impressed with the time this is taking, or that Alamy are not chasing on our behalf but are presumably paying a third party to do so for them.

I've been chasing an unreported usage from July and Alamy told me it is 'in the hands of the billing team' and 'no need to contact them for updates'.

When I decided to contact them again I was told that actually Picscout are handling this for Alamy. (aren't Picscout owned by Getty?)

Not very impressed with the time this is taking, or that Alamy are not chasing on our behalf but are presumably paying a third party to do so for them.

It seems to mean that the usage did not include buying it from Alamy ;-)

Picscout is the one going after illegal usage.

wim

Archived