Dedicated "Creative" upload channel

Allan Bell

I made the following comment earlier in another post under "The case for downsizing" thread.

Maybe has been mentioned before but, for those wishing to submit "Creative" images, I think Alamy should introduce a Creative images upload channel which could easily be monitored separately and images directed to a true creative section within the library.

I still have the originals of creative images I submitted to POD sites, which I have now left after removing the images from them, and would like to put them up with alamy but do not wish to be given the 30 day failure by submitting through the regular channel.

What say you Alamy?

Allan

With a dedicated Creative channel, then they would be looking for content as well as technical perfection. This would increase cost for QC and we probably would get a smaller cut of the pie.  Perhaps they could offer a smaller percentage of creative but charge larger dollars, as most of these images would be for commercial usage I would assume.

Jill

With a dedicated Creative channel, then they would be looking for content as well as technical perfection. This would increase cost for QC and we probably would get a smaller cut of the pie.  Perhaps they could offer a smaller percentage of creative but charge larger dollars, as most of these images would be for commercial usage I would assume.

Jill

Exactly. For Alamy to change their business model at this point would cause them (and us) an endless number of problems. 

I made the following comment earlier in another post under "The case for downsizing" thread.

Maybe has been mentioned before but, for those wishing to submit "Creative" images, I think Alamy should introduce a Creative images upload channel which could easily be monitored separately and images directed to a true creative section within the library.

I still have the originals of creative images I submitted to POD sites, which I have now left after removing the images from them, and would like to put them up with alamy but do not wish to be given the 30 day failure by submitting through the regular channel.

What say you Alamy?

Allan

Not necessarily, if they don't look for content now why should they with creatives.

Allan

What say you Alamy?

Allan

Not necessarily, if they don't look for content now why should they with creatives.

Allan

Isn't that the whole idea of creative?  The content is the difference.

Jill

I think it would be great to have a venue for creative images - a dedicated upload method where rejections don't count against you - just like with Stockimo - they've done Stockimo without changing their business model for other images. There's Reportage which has different upload criteria.  I've gotten a few creative filtered images past QC but I hesitate to upload many because I don't want to end up in the sin bin. Filtered images are trendy at the moment and it would be great to be able to upload good ones from a DSLR rather than only grab shots from my iPhone. 

The percentage for Stockimo is only 20%. It is 50% for current members from back last February 2014, but I think if they opened up a creative for all cameras, then the creative price would be 20% for all. And the pass rate in Stockimo is much lower than regular QC. 

But if they did want to offer it, and photographers wanted to submit, then they should offer a truly creative DSLR section.  

Jill

If Alamy do make any changes to their business model, I sincerely trust it's because they think it will lead to more sales, NOT because some want to express themselves creatively.

Business 101.

dd

If Alamy do make any changes to their business model, I sincerely trust it's because they think it will lead to more sales, NOT because some want to express themselves creatively.

Business 101.

dd

I concur with that sentiment.

Allan

Archived