Bridge cameras

I have been thinking about a smaller, lighter camera and have been drawn to the Bridge cameras.

The following models are all possibles

Panasonic lumix FZ1000

Sony Cybershot RX10

Canon sx60hs

fugi hs50exr

pnasonic luix fz 200.

None of these are on the Alamy approved list but neither do they feature on the unsuitable list. 

Anybody using any of these or know if they have been approved?

Regen

I tried the original RX10 (they brought out version II now) soon dumped it as I was not happy with the processing of the images.

There are a few who use it though with varying degrees of success.

Allan

The Sony RX10 is in fact on Alamy's approved camera list. Unlike Allan, I'm mostly happy with mine.  No piece of equipment is perfect. (Anyway, Allan is in Cambridge while I used to live in Oxford.) 

You seem to shoot at lot of flora (perhaps you shoot only flora), so the fact that the terrific 24-200 f/2.8 Carl Zeiss zoom can focus closeup at all settings should interest you. There is no shortage of reviews and videos on this camera on YouTube. I think the term "bridge camera" is misleading -- a bridge to . . . where? If I were still doing assignments I'd still be using imposing-looking DSLRs. Why? Because if you're working with a client you need to look like a pro.  It's good PR.  Being retired and shooting just for stock now, I want to disappear into the mist. I use the RX10 and two NEX Sonys. 

Edo

The Sony RX10 is in fact on Alamy's approved camera list. Unlike Allan, I'm mostly happy with mine.  No piece of equipment is perfect. (Anyway, Allan is in Cambridge while I used to live in Oxford.) 

Edo

I'll get you back in the next boat race Edo. :)

Allan

I have been shooting a Sony RX10 for almost a year now and almost all my few images approved by Alamy have been shot with that camera. It is sharp, delivers great color and large files when shooting raw. This camera takes care of 98 percent of my shooting needs including weddings, sports, journalism and stock.

The RX10 II is an even better choice with added 4K video capabilities and 16 frames a second. 

Don't think you can go wrong. This is what Patrick Murphy-Racey had to say about the RX 10. He is one of the Sony Aritisan photogs now.

http://pmrphoto.blogspot.com/search?q=sONY+RX+10

Cheers Rich

The Sony a6000 might be another option to consider. It has an APS-C sensor and is on "the list." However, you would probably need more than one lens. I use the NEX-6, which was replaced by the a6000, and am very happy with it. No QC problems after I figured out how to use the camera properly. Excellent IQ in a small package.

My pet peeve is "entry level camera." Entry to what? More debt perhaps? Oh boy, I tell you, those marketers...

Archived