Record duration for a license?

I just had a nice healthy three-figure sale, which was very welcome, but looking at the details, I'm not sure I got a good deal:

Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Start: 22 July 2015
End: 22 July 3015

Is 1000 years now standard for business use?

and now this one's just popped up:

Start: 23 July 2015

End: 23 July 2020

Duration: 1month

I have them like that and I think this is the print licence for 1 month (presumably a magazine) and the web licence 5 years.

Make sure your write it into your will so your heirs can divide the booty in 3015 if the licence is renewed.

I suspect the copyright might have run out before then.

I have a feeling that there won't be any such thing as "copyright" in 3015.

Make sure your write it into your will so your heirs can divide the booty in 3015 if the licence is renewed.

I'd like to give this a thumb's down instead of the thumb's up I gave it because I wish you were wrong but sadly the way things are going...

BTW, Good laugh today Phil on that millennium license. Certainly a world-record. 

I'd like to give this a thumb's down instead of the thumb's up I gave it because I wish you were wrong but sadly the way things are going...

BTW, Good laugh today Phil on that millennium license. Certainly a world-record. 

Thanks. OTOH, we have 1000 years to get used to the idea.

Archived