When you MANAGE IMAGES you can either use the old or the new(ish) option, well I always use the new version. I complete all the questions about releases and digital mods etc, but I have noticed that if I look in the old version it states that auxiliary info is required in the form of "cut-out?", is this required information as it now applies to about 1,300 of my pictures and there is no mention of cut-outs in the new manage image dialog?

I'm confused, not sure if I should ask member services?

Thanks for all your replies

Alamy used to need this information when the first Manage Images was introduced but then decided to identify cut outs using the software so the new MI does not have the question.  So the answer is NO you do not need to fill it out, just ignore it as it won't do anything if you do complete the question.

Pearl

Tim, I do a quick first keywording in the new version. Then I open the old version, click whatever is right on "cut out" and often add a few things and check some facts on the Net. You can also copy and paste in the old version . . . but not the new.

I don't think the "cut out" feature is necessary any more.  :)

You can cut and paste in the new version but (at least on Macs) you can't use the menu on top of the screen. You have to right click or control click. I understand you can also use the keyboard shortcuts.

Paulette

I do all my work in the old version, which I much prefer. But I love the search function in the new, which if I need to update subject matter in my keywords or whatever, it is so much easier to search and group for updating.

Archived