ACR 9.1 released w. partial Fujifilm X-Trans fix

Adobe has released Camera Raw 9.1

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/06/camera-raw-9-1-is-now-available.html

9.1 has listed a bug fix for Fujifilm X-Trans raw files as well as support for the X-T10:

Appears PS CS6 and CC as well as Lightroom 6.1 get the fixes and upgrades.

Darn I am going to have to update to LR6 then get 6.1 update. :angry:  Unless they give the new 6.1 when you update from 5.7. :)

Allan

Darn I am going to have to update to LR6 then get 6.1 update. :angry:  Unless they give the new 6.1 when you update from 5.7. :)

Allan

Don't hold your breath. Adobe never provide ACR updates for older versions of LR or PS. The exception is PSCS6, as that is final version of Photoshop  perpetual license, but they don't provide updates of new features in PSCC, only ACR. LR6 is definitely an advance on LR5 though so worth thinking about and the upgrade price was reasonable when I got it.

Just upgraded to LR 6.1 for £59.09

Now to sort out all the settings.

By the way it has left LR 5.7 on the drive so I have something to fall back on in case of emergency.

Allan

Allan

Don't hold your breath. Adobe never provide ACR updates for older versions of LR or PS. The exception is PSCS6, as that is final version of Photoshop  perpetual license, but they don't provide updates of new features in PSCC, only ACR. LR6 is definitely an advance on LR5 though so worth thinking about and the upgrade price was reasonable when I got it.

LR 6.1 standalone (not CC) has the bug fixes and new camera support as I understand the release.

However LR 6.1 standalone does not have the new "features" (Dehaz & Local BW sliders) that LR CC does include.

Lots of upset (again) Adobe customers venting about this "forking" of LR into two product paths even though it was mentioned by Adobe in previous fine print.   

https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/06/june-updates-to-cc-photography.html

However LR 6.1 standalone does not have the new "features" (Dehaz & Local BW sliders) that LR CC does include.

Lots of upset (again) Adobe customers venting about this "forking" of LR into two product paths even though it was mentioned by Adobe in previous fine print. 

Bit of a PR disaster for Adobe... I was going to upgrade to LR 6 (non-subscription version) but now I'm thinking again. No way will I go for the subscription version.

Seemingly another clanger dropped by Adobe then!

I am very keen to get my hands on a version of LR that will handle Fuji RAW files properly. Had considered signing up to CC, but maybe not. Or not yet anyway. I'll stick with my old 5.7 for the moment and see how things pan out. Apparently, there are further improvements to come(?????)

Anybody using 6.1 and seeing any significant improvement, or is this just a bit more window dressing?

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old one to bump, but I thought there might be one or two folk interested.

I've been badgering Adobe for a long, long time about the issues of watercolour smearing and lack of detail rendering in LR. Having tried C1, which really did not impress me in the slightest, I decided that I would maintain a sustained attack on Adobe for all the good it was likely to do.

Anyway, following an email that I sent them about 5 days ago, lo and behold, I got a telephone call from the almighty Adobe themselves asking if they could help with my issue!

The very helpful man asked if I would mind setting up a screen sharing so that he could control my LR 5.7 in order to establish what the problem was. No problem, I downloaded the software from Adobe, gave the necessary permissions and he was in control of my iMac. Go ahead mate, knock yourself out.

He asked me to pick an image which adequately demonstrated the problem so that he could examine it. This I did. It was an image made up of 80% foliage, watercolour smearing very evident in both foreground and background, he couldn't see anything wrong with it!

I pointed out the affected areas, but no, it looked ok to him!

Long story short ( this phone call lasted 50 minutes) This guy claimed never to have heard of the watercolour smearing issue, was not aware of the lack of detail rendering problem, and, it seems had never heard of the Fuji X Trans sensor!

This call was from the Adobe technical help department, which one might be forgiven for thinking would be "up" with the various problems that users might be experiencing. I believe the various X Trans issues are fairly well documented around the internet, not least on Fuji user forums, but also on the Adobe forums as well. As far as I know, this problem has been an issue since the launch of the X Pro 1 around 3 years(?) ago.

According to this bloke from Adobe, I needed to upgrade to CC in order to get the latest software which would sort out any problems. Ok, fine, I'll do that right now. And so I am now subscribed to the Adobe CC with the latest versions of LR and PS, and, to be fair to Adobe, there is an improvement. It isn't perfect, far from it, but there is a definite improvement.

So, to any Fuji X Trans users sitting on the fence wondering whether its worth  going for the the latest LR......yeah, it probably is.

To anyone who has the slightest faith in the Adobe Tech help department, you might as well ask my Mums cat Lucky!!!!

If you want Lucky's email address, just send me a PM.

Archived