Anybody in the UK used Panamoz?

Anybody in the UK used Panamoz to buy cameras or lenses? If so are they any good as the prices seem very cheap and I wondered if they were grey imports.

John.

If you look at their 'About us' page, they say they cover customs charges etc and offer a 'local UK warranty'...sounds pretty grey to me.

Not used them, always use local (ok my local is WEX :) ) as VAT reg'ed.

If you look at their 'About us' page, they say they cover customs charges etc and offer a 'local UK warranty'...sounds pretty grey to me.

Yes I did read their 'about us' page and came to the same conclusion. If they offer a UK warranty would they be OK if anything went wrong with the equipment do you think?

Yes I did read their 'about us' page and came to the same conclusion. If they offer a UK warranty would they be OK if anything went wrong with the equipment do you think?

I don't know how they could offer a proper UK (or EU) warranty unless they are based here. Manufacturers' warranties don't cover imports in my experience (Nikon, Tamron, Epson). I do recommend WEX too. It's probably fortunate for my pocket that I live quite a bit away rather than locally.

It's a risk you take - don't know if they use a third party in the UK or send the equipment back to where the warranty would be honoured by the manufacturer.

Personally I don't bother with grey imports because of the VAT (they are not as cheap an alternative for me) and also you often get free financing of some equipment via some UK outlets - last tilt lens from WEX was on 12 months interest free, so was more than happy to use that way of paying.

I usually buy from Wex too, but when trawling for prices for an XT1 this company came up, and their prices were a lot cheaper than others. Almost too good to be true - which always rings alarm bells! Think I will stick with Wex.

John.

I usually buy from Wex too, but when trawling for prices for an XT1 this company came up, and their prices were a lot cheaper than others. Almost too good to be true - which always rings alarm bells! Think I will stick with Wex.

John.

Why don't you have a look at the Fuji shop for a refurbished XT1?

They do have them from time to time.

As they are refurbished I believe they may even be better than new off the line models as they have had individual attention.

Allan

I have bought lenses from Panamoz. They are Hong Kong (Grey) imports. Their warranty work is done by A.J. Johnstone in Glasgow (certainly for Canon kit) so no return to HK.

Their prices are competitive (though lately I've noticed them being less so) and the discount for bank transfer is worth having.

Service has been fine with no issues. I guess you have to trade off a possible risk against cost - only you can decide that.

Russell

John.

Why don't you have a look at the Fuji shop for a refurbished XT1?

They do have them from time to time.

As they are refurbished I believe they may even be better than new off the line models as they have had individual attention.

Allan

Allan, I did look at the fuji site and their price for a XT1 plus 18-135 lens was cheaper than Wex, but that was for a new one. I'll keep looking to see if they have any refurbished ones.

Thanks for the idea.

John.

I have bought lenses from Panamoz. They are Hong Kong (Grey) imports. Their warranty work is done by A.J. Johnstone in Glasgow (certainly for Canon kit) so no return to HK.

Their prices are competitive (though lately I've noticed them being less so) and the discount for bank transfer is worth having.

Service has been fine with no issues. I guess you have to trade off a possible risk against cost - only you can decide that.

Russell

Russell, i'm too conservative (with a little C!) by nature so I will probably buy from Wex.

John.

John there is a supplier who is often cheaper than WEX when I have been checking prices.

Try Camera World. They have two shops, one in London and one in Chelmsford.   http://www.cameraworld.co.uk

When looking at the Fuji 50-140 Wex was £1099 and CW was £999. :)

Allan

John there is a supplier who is often cheaper than WEX when I have been checking prices.

Try Camera World. They have two shops, one in London and one in Chelmsford.   http://www.cameraworld.co.uk

When looking at the Fuji 50-140 Wex was £1099 and CW was £999. :)

Allan

OK Allen, will have a look later, thanks.

John.

Archived