Something Special

Ed Rooney

Cooool - thanks Ed, this film looks very promising.  Along with many, I suspect, Sebastião Salgado is one of my all-time faves.  Knocked out when I saw an exhibition of his in London many moons ago, now.

For anyone in the UK, the release date is Friday 3rd July 2015 and you can set a reminder for when it comes out here.

I'm often easily insprised by great photographers, and also very "put in my place" by their work. I don't view it enough or watch it. Things like this you never forget, much like McCullin. I think I've watched it about 5 times now. 

I'm often easily insprised by great photographers, and also very "put in my place" by their work. I don't view it enough or watch it. Things like this you never forget, much like McCullin. I think I've watched it about 5 times now. 

The Salgado Genesis book is well worth it.

McCullin was great. Look out for the Tim Hetherington documentaries as well. Very powerful. I saw 'Which way is the front line' on the BBC. I think it is on Netflix at the moment.

Michael

Archived