Alamy Measures Confusion

I’m confused. Ok at my age it doesn’t take much to confuse me but I really don’t understand Alamy Measures.

Yesterday I had the following:                 

copenhagen bicycle     Views:1 Total Views: 270

bhz                              Views:1 Total Views: 180

Now in fact I have two images with identical keywords including “Copenhagen bicycle” – but only one is shown. Also if I go into Alamy and search for “Copenhagen bicycle” 1167 images are returned – not 270.

Similarly there are several thousand “bhz” images – why are only 180 reported.

Can anyone please explain?

Russell

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

You have only one image ranking highly enough to appear in the first 3 pages of the search.

That's exactly what I thought and it would work for the Bicycle images - but then I realised that my "bhz" image appears on Page 20 when I search - I find it hard to believe that it was suddenly promoted to page one or two.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

You have only one image ranking highly enough to appear in the first 3 pages of the search.

That's exactly what I thought and it would work for the Bicycle images - but then I realised that my "bhz" image appears on Page 20 when I search - I find it hard to believe that it was suddenly promoted to page one or two.

They probably searched using the new tab.  Your Tower of London poppies is on the first page by that reckoning.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

It is also possible that they didn't log in until they got close to page 20.  Their search results would only register once they were logged in.

Pearl

I also think they must have been using the new tab. One of mine was viewed in the Bhz search, but only one from my newest pseudo. When I did a Bhz search for it, it appears on page 2 when using the new tab. Otherwise it would be several pages further back.

Archived