I found an alamy image on the daily mail website

The caption reads as follows:-

"Alamy Live News. EAFHX2 Wimbledon, London, UK. 14th Nov, 2014. Pedestrians and commuters struggle on a rainy day in London © amer ghazzal/Alamy Live News This is an Alamy Live News image and may not be part of your current Alamy deal . If you are unsure, please contact our sales team to check."

Found lower down below a report about the M25 pothole.

Perhaps today is the proof readers day off?

Amusing tale.

Looking at that particular rag every other day for photos used, I've seen numerous howlers, although not that particular one.

Typically we have a photo of a German classroom/doctor used to illustrate an article on the British education system/NHS, a Polish pothole for a piece on the state of British roads, and then of course just the wrong location.

I suspect that it is the wordsmiths who get to choose the shots for web use, because some of the, typically lifted from Google street view, images are appalling. I don't get to see the printed copy, hopefully they still employ a picture editor for that? 

Feel that I am biting the hand that feeds me scraps here, but there you are.

Archived