Oh absolutely!  I remove for two reasons  they sell lots, lots more!  and some of these trucking-corps are old clients. They might not want their logos, brands in context with certain briefs, etc.

Thanks Christian, I noticed that on your truck pictures for stock you remove branding... is it worth it for you?

Thanks, something for me to ponder on, I took the truck pictures for fun, but may explore other avenues. I'll have to dust off my graphics tablet.

I had several messages from a Tamara from Photoshelter yesterday asking if I would allow some pictures of mine to be included in a Childhood section of Lattice.

I replied explaining that I had opted out because of watermark concerns but that she might suggest good commercial reasons why I might allow some of my material into the Lattice system.

I haven't had a reply so far.

Richard.

Not surprised as I am not convinced there is a good commercial reason. It is that myth of exposure or visibility so often dangled in front of creatives in lieu of money!

I have given up waiting for what PhotoShelter to tell me what they are going to do about complying with EU VAT rules (applies worldwide). I have downloaded my images from PS; I have them on my own system just in case anything has gone missing/unreadable locally. I will cancel my PS account in next 48 hours - I will be £20 a month better off. I will need to redesign my web site though.

If you want to trial Lightrocket, you can do it by ftping your PS images directly from inside your PS account. You just press ftp in PS, put in the ftp address light rocket give you and they all just copy across. Very effective.  I have no real exp/sales with LR but I think it cost me 40 USD a year with a discount token for the first year.

Archived