Your opinion, please, would this pass QC?

I'm gathering up my toothbrush and 28 days of supplies right now. 

Most of the comments in this post are pertinent and interesting, but I find "the should I risk" treads generally unhelpful. It's like asking a soldier standing next to you in a combat zone if and when you should duck. 

Good analogy. In the end, every soldier has to decide whether to duck or go over the top. Still, it is sometimes possible to get helpful advice from those who have managed to sneak across enemy lines and come back to tell the tale.

I agree, John.  Often someone will say, "This one of mine just passed, and it is similar to yours", then provide the image for inspection.  I've found that helpful in the past.  So while I agree with you 50%, Ed, I still hold out the other 50%.

BTW, I've had two passes since getting out of my kitchen duties in the Sin Bin.

I'm on the fence about this one.  I have reduced the size, and the woman with her back to the camera is sharp.  The woman facing the camera is slightly OOF. 

I know I have seen shots where a main person was OOF and it was effective, but don't know if this one falls in that category.  What do you all think?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58264026/_BAL4424.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/br3ip0zoq1ddau2/AABDSny_TV4S1S5HYcqhi3I_a/_BAL4424.jpg?dl=0

does the 2nd one work?

Betty

First one doesn't link for me

Second one I like and would submit after cropping out some of that dead space - [ but that's my taste not yours !]

John

I'm gathering up my toothbrush and 28 days of supplies right now. 

Most of the comments in this post are pertinent and interesting, but I find "the should I risk" treads generally unhelpful. It's like asking a soldier standing next to you in a combat zone if and when you should duck. 

Good analogy. In the end, every soldier has to decide whether to duck or go over the top. Still, it is sometimes possible to get helpful advice from those who have managed to sneak across enemy lines and come back to tell the tale.

I decided to stay n the trenches and have a brew instead :)

Ohhh noooo... We've had the Dead Parrot and now we're on to the Yorkshire men!

Every 2 years or so a random thread will somehow become embroiled in Yorkshire men gags. And Life of Brian. Not a lot of Dud and Pete though . . .

dd

My uploads have been sailing through, so I've decided not to risk the image in question.  It was an interesting image to me, though, because of the unhappy expression on the OOF woman's face.

Too bad I wasn't better at taking it.

Archived