Cleaning out my MacBook Pro

I've been trying to delete/clean out all of my stuff on the MacBook Pro in preparation for selling. 

There are some files in iCloud, which I really never set up but they're there? (don't laugh. Well, I'll allow a chuckle) Anyway, when I try to drag those files to the trash, I get a prompt "you have to have the latest version of iWork for this." 

Trouble is, I don't even see a version of iWork on my computer under Accessories.  Also, I have admin privileges with a password, how to I remove that?  I went to "Privacy" but don't see any option to remove my "Betty" Logo (a cute picture of a penguin) I chose when I first set up this computer, nor any way to get rid of the password.

I don't want anything of "me" or my stuff to go out the door with this computer, but as a technical luddite, I'm at a loss.

How can I achieve a wipe?

Betty

Is there a recovery partition or a tool to allow you to recover it to the factory fresh state; might be associated with operating system updates/configuration. On Windows machines there is the option to reset back to its clean original state.

These might help:

As Paulette says, go into disc utility and the HD disc should be on the left hand side. There are variuos options you can take and one of them is to wipe the disc. Take the slow option as that will be more secure.

Ahh, you guys and gals are so helpful.  Today the iPad comes, but "delivery by 8 p.m." was the note, and when I checked, they said "late Tuesday".  

Doesn't UPS know I am pacing the floor?  Do they care?  Don't they know I have people lined up waiting to buy the MacBook once I see the iPad works as expected? Is there not a mind-reader driving the truck?

I will wait until I see how the iPad works before erasing the MacBook.

:lol:  :D

Is there a recovery partition or a tool to allow you to recover it to the factory fresh state; might be associated with operating system updates/configuration. On Windows machines there is the option to reset back to its clean original state.

These might help:

Oh, that Utube video is perfect!  Thanks, Martin!

I am now writing from my iPad Air. :) my MacBook wipe went like a charm, thanks to the utube video. The iPad came at 6 pm, the Mac went out the door at 8 pm for my asking price. Thank you, Craigslist. Paid for the iPad.

I expect it will take me awhile to figure out what it is about. The 17 year old that came with his mom for the laptop had to show me how to get back to the main page. I didn't know whether to hug him or slap him. Kidding.

Archived