how can I upload Editorial as RM?

Hi, I am new at Alamy and want to upload only RM photos. I have upload some Editorial Photos (not News, normal photos with people without PR or MR). If the photos past the Inspector, I see no possibility to make them as Editorial?

If I sign the photo with "people" "no MR" "no PR"  the option for RM is missed (grey)

If I  go to restriction and chose "Editorial" in usage - the option for RM is gone too...

But if I look at Alamy I found a lot of photos in RM with "no PR" and "no MR"

How have they  made it? Or is "Editorial" something other?

I have asked a friend - he told me to upload the photos in the "news feed". But the photos are NO news, they are older...

I dont understand how to made it...

thanks for your help

if you check "no MR" and "no PR" the system should force you to choose RM and refuse to let you select RF.  The system will also allow you to choose RM as a default setting so that you don't accidentally select RF when you meant to select RM.  You can not go back and change from RF to RM, but Alamy member services can change the rights for you. Of course, if a client has already bought an image as RF, it can not be changed to RM.

I'm not sure why you think you cannot choose RM because it should be chosen automatically when you say you don't have releases. Your images are fabulous. I love them. By the way, in your keywords for the image of the women in costume you have put "woman" but not "women". It needs both. You have put in "parasol" but I don't see any. I do see wigs and hats. Keywording can be very important and not always easy or fun. Good luck at Alamy.

Paulette

thank you. And thanks for the commendation. I want to upload some complex pictures at Alamy :)

Ah... ok, I was not sure this is the normal way to choose Editorial. If I check "no PR" and "no MR" I have automatic Editorial... I see now :)

Thanks for your help

Yes, the keywording of this picture is not complete. I was stopped with this question. It will be overworked

have a nice day :)

thank you. And thanks for the commendation. I want to upload some complex pictures at Alamy :)

Ah... ok, I was not sure this is the normal way to choose Editorial. If I check "no PR" and "no MR" I have automatic Editorial... I see now :)

Thanks for your help

Yes, the keywording of this picture is not complete. I was stopped with this question. It will be overworked

have a nice day :)

Checking "no PR" and "no MR" won't automatically make your images "editorial," but that is most likely how they would be used by buyers. To sell images as "Editorial only," you have to use a fairly complicated combination of restrictions (there are instructions somewhere on Alamy). I sometimes used to do this but decided it wasn't worth the effort. Also, all the restrictions probably intimidate potential buyers. Another option is to write "Editorial Use Only" in the description field. I do that with some images. Good luck.

They are editorial by default, and by that I mean no setting explicitly but without a PR or MR, and assuming there are no properties or people that would need a release, then they can only be used editorially (as opposed to commercially).

What else did you think there might have been ?

Archived