Images on pinterest

Could anyone enlighten me on why my images would appear on the Pinterest website ?  it appears they have been posted by someone of whom I have no knowledge of.

Forgive my ignorance but I'm not au fait with these sites or what they are for but I would be intrigued to discover why my work is displayed on there.

Gary 

I've found a few of my Flickr pictures re-pinned on there, usually under something like "Tammy's Cute Dog Page".

All seems fairly harmless if slightly annoying. I can't quite see the point of it, myself, though I suppose I did collect 1966 World Cup stickers and Esso coins :rolleyes:

.......... though I suppose I did collect 1966 World Cup stickers and Esso coins :rolleyes:

I dug up an old Esso coin in our veg patch recently.........1970 World Cup Mexico, Peter Shilton!

.......... though I suppose I did collect 1966 World Cup stickers and Esso coins :rolleyes:

I dug up an old Esso coin in our veg patch recently.........1970 World Cup Mexico, Peter Shilton!

You sure?  Thought it was Gordon Banks...

Must be a rarity...swapsie for Nobby Stiles?

I licensed a photo in the 1980s to many publications that paid top dollar seeing it was a celebrity exclusive.

Last year a film studio licensed it for $8500. I was really peeved as was the client when that photo was pinned on more than 20 boards on Pinterest.

People copied from magazines that it was in back in the 1980s

I had to do the takedown notices on Pinterest. I grab all the URLs and batch them together.

If I got paid for all this image 'babysitting' work I have to do on my images,I'd be Donald Trump's competitor!  :-)

L

You sure?  Thought it was Gordon Banks...

Must be a rarity...swapsie for Nobby Stiles?

Shilton was in the provisional squad but not on the team that played. Banks and Stiles both played. I guess Esso made medals for all the potential players?

Even if it's a rare medal it's only worth about £1 and mine's in bad condition having been buried for up to 40 years!!

Archived