Register Fuji X-T1 for new lens discount

Today I received an email from Fuji thanking me for registering my X-T1 when I bought it, some time ago now.

As a thank you Fuji are offering me £250 off the price of the new XF 18-135mm WR lens when it comes out in July. As the new lens will cost £750 that would make it £500 to me.

Three things come to mind:

1 Has anyone else registered their X-T1 and received this email?

2 As I already have the 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses is it worth splashing the cash on this new lens and what, apart from the "water resistant" feature, would the benefits be of this new lens over my existing kit, which covers a greater range anyway?

3 Should I keep the cash towards the new longer zoom lens due out later this year, or early next?

If you fancy this new 18-135mm lens at reduced price and have not registered your X-T1 yet then hurry up or you may miss out.

Allan

I've not registered my camera but I'm a  slightly by this lens for 'red carpet' events.Other than that and certain 'walk around' situations,I'm not really impressed at the aperture on the long end.

I sure wish Fuji would start putting out 2.8 zooms.

The other night I did a couple of outdoor concerts and luckily I was right up at the stage. The 56mm 1.2 and 23mm 1.4 were perfect for length for that venue and the 1.2 was amazing for low light and it's very sharp.

The 55-200mm was difficult to focus and I had to crank up the iso from 400 to the 3200 range and the photos from that lens really didn't look good.

So,that's why I'm hesitant to shell out $900+ for a limited use lens.

L

I registered mine in order to get the voucher but haven't had the email yet. Must check my spam.

I thought it would be a good travel lens as I don't have anything bigger than the 18-55mm.

Pearl

I registered my X-T1 and immediately got the email advising me about the £250 discount on the 18-135.

I feel rather like Linda about this lens. The long end is rather slow but for a walk around lens it would cover most requirements. I will be interested in the AF speed which is supposedly better than the 18-55 (and presumabaly 55-200) but then I am really interested in the faster lenses (with hopefully faster AF) and especially the superzoom.

I have begun playing with a Tamron 300mm f2.8 Adaptall 2 MF lens I used on my Canon T90 (about same size/weight as X-T1 and grip) with the matched 2x teleconverter (900mm equivalent) but weather was very grey, so high ISO and low contrast. 600mm (900mm equivalent) at f5.6 seems quite interesting but not much depth of field even at distance. If it is a bright weekend I will see if I can find some cricket to shoot (can manage that with MF and manual aperture)

I can't register ! The USA registration page gives a 404 error

http://warranty.fujifilm-digital.com/register/us?utm_source=fnac&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=camera-registration

then when I hit register,page does not exist comes up.

:-(

L

Linda try registering with the Fuji home site or the UK site. Could be there is a problem with the US site and it will clear soon.

Allan

Allan, thank you very much.  You are the direct cause of a bad day. ;)

Your post had me scrambling to register.  And I couldn't find my invoice.  First, I start filling out the page, and I come to purchase date.  Close page. Go hunting.  All I can find is when UPS delivered.  So I go back to put in that date.  Get a bit further, then I come to a place where it asks the # that is on Berger Bros. invoice.

I practically tore my house up trying to find that invoice.   I was so excited when the camera came that I didn't take note in my brain where I put it.  Which was in a small cardboard box with all my Nikon papers, in my cabinet strictly used for storing photographic items including camera and lens boxes and such. Just exactly where I should have put it but didn't remember being that organized.  I must've pulled out 10 boxes and sorted through, and kept missing that tiny box. I was concentrating on all the boxes that the Fuji gear came in, plus some other odds and ends boxes.

I think on the 3rd major search I found it.  Organization doesn't help if one doesn't remember how one organizes. :)  Actually, I should thank you instead of beating you with a wet noodle.  At least now it is firmly implanted in my brain where that invoice is. :)

Betty

Allan, thank you very much.  You are the direct cause of a bad day. ;)

Your post had me scrambling to register.  And I couldn't find my invoice.  First, I start filling out the page, and I come to purchase date.  Close page. Go hunting.  All I can find is when UPS delivered.  So I go back to put in that date.  Get a bit further, then I come to a place where it asks the # that is on Berger Bros. invoice.

I practically tore my house up trying to find that invoice.   I was so excited when the camera came that I didn't take note in my brain where I put it.  Which was in a small cardboard box with all my Nikon papers, in my cabinet strictly used for storing photographic items including camera and lens boxes and such. Just exactly where I should have put it but didn't remember being that organized.  I must've pulled out 10 boxes and sorted through, and kept missing that tiny box. I was concentrating on all the boxes that the Fuji gear came in, plus some other odds and ends boxes.

I think on the 3rd major search I found it.  Organization doesn't help if one doesn't remember how one organizes. :)  Actually, I should thank you instead of beating you with a wet noodle.  At least now it is firmly implanted in my brain where that invoice is. :)

Betty

Betty I am soooo sorry to have upset you. :(

Looks like I might have upset Linda too as it seems there is a problem with the US Fuji site and she cannot register. :(

Allan (having a bad day because I have caused at least two people to have a bad day) :(

:) :) Not your fault!  That's the way of the world when you hold a door for someone, you get your nose caught in the door.  

It seems all I have done this past week is hunt for stuff.  Me thinks I have too much stuff.  So I've been throwing away boatloads of stuff.  I think that's what's making me crazy, all that stuff.

I now have the neatest photo equipment cabinet in the land.  Also the walk-in closet. Neat as a pin.  Me? I'm in disarray.  And to top it off, I didn't get the offer from Fuji. @#%#!

Betty

:) :) Not your fault!  That's the way of the world when you hold a door for someone, you get your nose caught in the door.  

It seems all I have done this past week is hunt for stuff.  Me thinks I have too much stuff.  So I've been throwing away boatloads of stuff.  I think that's what's making me crazy, all that stuff.

I now have the neatest photo equipment cabinet in the land.  Also the walk-in closet. Neat as a pin.  Me? I'm in disarray.  And to top it off, I didn't get the offer from Fuji. @#%#!

Betty

Betty,astrologically speaking,Mercury(planet of communication) has been retrograde for the past 2 weeks and will be like that until at least July 5th. Happens a few times a year. Not a good time to buy new electronic,pricey items or sign contracts. Good time to try and get organized and catch up with old unfinished biz and old friends.

L....Your resident photographer AND astrologer   :-)

Betty,astrologically speaking,Mercury(planet of communication) has been retrograde for the past 2 weeks and will be like that until at least July 5th. Happens a few times a year. Not a good time to buy new electronic,pricey items or sign contracts. Good time to try and get organized and catch up with old unfinished biz and old friends.

Darn! I'm just off to buy another portable 2GB drive too.

Allan

Sorry the R and N together in DARN look like an M, to my eyes at least.

Betty

Dear Ms Astrologer,  I think you must be right.  That's why I'm tearing through the house and garage and throwing out stuff right and left.  I was on a tear yesterday. Our trash bin is usually collected before noon on Tuesday.  So I threw out a bunch of Bob's junk in the garage that he hasn't even looked at in 10 years. About the 3rd time I've sneakily done this. (He is a hoarder).  So I load up two big black bins with mostly his junk after he went to work, and the darned trash people didn't come until today. 

I was sweating bullets afraid he'd go look in those bins yesterday after getting off work.  But he didn't.  Whew!  I go through my stuff about once a year and donate to Goodwill, so it's not like I'm not brutal with my own stuff.  I need to open a store called "Betty & Bob's Stuff".

And I organized my dedicated photography cabinet and would be proud to show it to anyone!  At least until I tear through it looking for something again. :(

Now if I can just get Bob to quit going to garage sales.....he'll have the garage filled back up in 6 months.  Although I'm not done with the garage, yet.  Maybe I can tread water with it.

Betty

Darn! I'm just off to buy another portable 2GB drive too.

Allan

Sorry the R and N together in DARN look like an M, to my eyes at least.

If you can hold off until at least July 8 you might get a unit with less problems!

L

Now if I can just get Bob to quit going to garage sales....

Betty

How many garages do you need?

Come to think of it the more garages you have the less trashing you will need to do. i.e. more storage. ;)

Allan

Calumet (and probably others) in the UK are taking pre-orders for the Fuji XF18-135mm lens at £699. Hopefully with the £250 discount for X-T1 owners that will be £449.

Still not sure whether I will buy one with that slow 135mm f5.6 - my 55-200mm is faster (f4.8) at 200mm. I guess I have until end of August to decide if am going to get one with the discount. I guess I could buy, try and sell it if I am not convinced and will probably not lose money.

Betty

Come to think of it the more garages you have the less trashing you will need to do. i.e. more storage. ;)

Allan

You are so funny.  I suppose you call them rummage sales in the UK?  I do use both keyword phrases in my uploads.  I'd shoot myself if we had more than one garage.  Unless I could make one over and use it as a studio.

If one could go out to a garage sale and come home with a garage, I'm sure Bob would have however many of them that would fit on our lot.

Betty

Allan

You are so funny.  I suppose you call them rummage sales in the UK?  I do use both keyword phrases in my uploads.  I'd shoot myself if we had more than one garage.  Unless I could make one over and use it as a studio.

Great idea Betty. :)

Now where did I put my other garage?

We have garage sales in the UK too. Also table top sales, yard sales, jumble sales, as well as the good old car boot sales. (Want a car boot anyone?) :D

Allan

Calumet (and probably others) in the UK are taking pre-orders for the Fuji XF18-135mm lens at £699. Hopefully with the £250 discount for X-T1 owners that will be £449.

Still not sure whether I will buy one with that slow 135mm f5.6 - my 55-200mm is faster (f4.8) at 200mm. I guess I have until end of August to decide if am going to get one with the discount. I guess I could buy, try and sell it if I am not convinced and will probably not lose money.

Others being: Camera World £699, Wilkinsons Camera £699.99.

Hopefully I may be able to get it, if I decide I need it, from my local camera shop (Campkins) for similar price.

By the way Campkins of Cambridge is no longer in Rose Crescent, they have moved operations to their other premises in Kings Parade. Should any visitors to Cambridge be looking for them.

Allan

Others being: Camera World £699, Wilkinsons Camera £699.99.

Hopefully I may be able to get it, if I decide I need it, from my local camera shop (Campkins) for similar price.

By the way Campkins of Cambridge is no longer in Rose Crescent, they have moved operations to their other premises in Kings Parade. Should any visitors to Cambridge be looking for them.

Allan

I was hoping to switch to London Camera Exchange for future purchases as they are my only local proper camera shop (oh, there's Jessops) now my friendly and long-established contact at Calumet has been made redundant. LCE's pre-order price is £749 but that may well change and is probably negotiable - I have found they have some limited room for manouever in the past, often in kind rather than on price.

WEX is £749 too. They used to be cheaper but seem to have increased prices gradually since they opened their shop.

Allan

WEX is £749 too. They used to be cheaper but seem to have increased prices gradually since they opened their shop.

Allan

I can't see how that will work online. I can, just, see how they might get away with it in a shop but then only for casual walk-in customers. Anybody doing a search will see the price is out of line with the competition.

I was out yesterday walking/backing (camping on the summit of Blencathra) and I had the usual 14,23,56 primes in the bag for later and the 18-55 on camera with the 55-200 in the side pocket. Sods law always says I need the lens that is in the side pocket and not the one on the camera!!

Anyway, the 18-135 could potentially save a lot of mucking around swapping lenses. The new 5 stop IS could help with the difference in F/Stops provided you can work with the lower speeds.... i.e. don't need to stop action.

I also received that £250 discount voucher for the lens so If I sell the 18-55, which I only use when out walking, then I could save another £200. If it is as sharp as the 55-200, then that will end up going as well in preparation for the 120-400!

Archived