Register Fuji X-T1 for new lens discount

Quote:  I also received that £250 discount voucher for the lens so If I sell the 18-55, which I only use when out walking, then I could save another £200. If it is as sharp as the 55-200, then that will end up going as well in preparation for the 120-400!  Unquote.

I like the 18-55 when walking about town etc and it is a good lens optically but think it is a bit short on length. (I was used to the Canon 24 - 105 for my walkabout lens when using Canon gear.) The 18 - 135 would be potentially better for me.

Duncan's idea sounds good to me, may take that on board. Here we go again, it seems like I'm back in the buying/selling market and just when I thought I had finished for a while.

Allan

Quote:  I also received that £250 discount voucher for the lens so If I sell the 18-55, which I only use when out walking, then I could save another £200. If it is as sharp as the 55-200, then that will end up going as well in preparation for the 120-400!  Unquote.

I like the 18-55 when walking about town etc and it is a good lens optically but think it is a bit short on length. (I was used to the Canon 24 - 105 for my walkabout lens when using Canon gear.) The 18 - 135 would be potentially better for me.

Duncan's idea sounds good to me, may take that on board. Here we go again, it seems like I'm back in the buying/selling market and just when I thought I had finished for a while.

Allan

haha... I know the feeling. In essence, I could be replacing 2 lenses with one so that can't be bad! I was always set for the 120-400 and the 55-200 would be a large overlap. That said, I love the quality of the 55-200 so the 18-135 must match it. Mind, it is Fuji and I haven't really seen a duff lens from them.

When you think about it, two lenses to cover 18mm - 400mm (27-600mm FF equivalent) excellent for convenient shooting and for real fine detail/high quality, add a prime or two and you're sorted!

Allan

haha... I know the feeling. In essence, I could be replacing 2 lenses with one so that can't be bad! I was always set for the 120-400 and the 55-200 would be a large overlap. That said, I love the quality of the 55-200 so the 18-135 must match it. Mind, it is Fuji and I haven't really seen a duff lens from them.

When you think about it, two lenses to cover 18mm - 400mm (27-600mm FF equivalent) excellent for convenient shooting and for real fine detail/high quality, add a prime or two and you're sorted!

I also have the XF 10-24 so would be covered from 15 - 600mm FF equiv.

As for primes the XF 27, 35 & 60mm sit in the other bag with the X-E2 along with a Voigtlander 12mm FF lens (18mm equiv) and a Leica 21mm FF lens (32mm equiv).

Allan

Allan

I too find the 18-55 a bit short of range at both ends for the same reason (Canon 24-105 f4)- I really want a 16-70 (90 would be better) with F4, or wider, at the long end. But not sure about f5.6 at 135mm.

For me, the 18-135 would be a general dogsbody lens for outdoor use only (landscapes mainly). I'd be using it around the f/8 mark anyway so whether it is f/4 or 5.6 it wouldn't matter. When I have a specific task that needs a fast lens, the f/1.2 and 1.4 of the 56mm and 23mm is sufficient for my needs at the moment. 

Hi Duncan

It is the almost two pounds that would put me off. I can see the difference in IQ between my zooms and my primes and I believe that a wide range zoom will suffer more.

I am waiting for the fast zooms though.

Hi Duncan

It is the almost two pounds that would put me off. I can see the difference in IQ between my zooms and my primes and I believe that a wide range zoom will suffer more.

I am waiting for the fast zooms though.

Mark the lens weighs in at 490grams. That makes it a tad less than one pound.

Allan

Blow it!

Why not get rid of the Fuji gear and, IQ being acceptable, just get the new Lumix DMC-FZ1000 when it comes out. :huh:

Allan

Ah I have been miss-informed.... by myself, must read more carefully :-(

I nearly made the same mistake.... on the literature, it refers to the lens being 980 grams or so but then goes on to say "when attached to the X-T1" I was just looking at the numbers  :D

I think I'll wait for someone producing some well taken images :D .... there aren't the most exciting and they are camera jpgs.... they don't look the best!

I think I'll wait for someone producing some well taken images :D .... there aren't the most exciting and they are camera jpgs.... they don't look the best!

I was not sure about them myself either, looked a bit fluffy. Just pointed to them out of interest.

Allan

Archived