ISBN reported with sale

Had an Alamy sale reported this morning which specifies the ISBN (or part of it) of the calendar that it is destined for. It also appears to give what I'm assuming is going to be the date of publication:

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Calendar
Print run: up to 1 million
Placement: Inside
Start: 01 January 2014
End: 01 January 2015
ISBN: 1372-9 ; Month: 07JULa

Never seen this before and it appears to potentially conflict with Alamy's policy of not identifying the purchaser. Has anyone else had ISBNs reported on sales?

Cheers

John

I had exactly the same except mine suggested the image was used for the January page and it also had a different ISBN no. Took a while but I did track it down to a 2014 calendar of the British coast. My image was used on the February page, not January as indicated.

I wonder if this is just how that particular deal for this publisher has been reported rather than a new all encompassing policy. Perhaps a cut and paste job from a usage report from the publisher?

Just had two drop into my sales report both for the same amount both for "1072-8 ; Month: 09SEPa" guess one will be refunded.

How does one track down the Calendar?

I have had a couple of sales, too, for two different calendars.  They are for the Brown Trout range.  1072-8 is the ISBN for the Australian Beaches calendar – see http://www.browntrout.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=1072-8&prev=1

A search for other ISBN numbers can be carried out from the same page – don't forget to tick 'include previous year's product', as the Brown Trout site is now marketing the 2015 range.

I had one of those last year. I found the calendar on Amazon with a little work since it's not the full isbn #. It was a nice sale but it took 9 months for funds to clear. It was a picture of my grandmothers cat so I bought the calendar for her and it made her happy. That was better than the sale!

Many thanks for the link Graham. Mine is on their 'England' calendar for July (pic of narrow boat).

Cheers

John

Thanks Graham, still not sure why the same sale appears twice, will await the refund.

You are very welcome. 

It is interesting you had a shot in the England calendar, John, I had the December snow scene.  Also, I had a Wales shot showing up twice, so expect a refund, too.

Just had two drop into my sales report both for the same amount both for "1072-8 ; Month: 09SEPa" guess one will be refunded.

How does one track down the Calendar?

I had the same double sale. One from yesterday and one today. Let's hope they stick!

Archived