QC Failure Question

Hi all,

My recent batch of photos failed QC. :(

Only the first photo in the batch had an explanation as to why it failed, the rest were marked as failed but no explanation was provided. I was wondering if those photos that failed for which explanations were not given were actually acceptable, but because the first one failed, they got lumped into failure as well.

Reason why I think this might be the case is, this happened for my first few submissions(QC Failure - only a few were explained). For those that did not have explanation for their failure, I submitted again and next time they passed.

Kind Regards,

Alvin

Yes, the others are probably fine. They only check one carefully and then they reject the rest without looking further. You must, of course, check them again before uploading to be sure they really are perfect.

Paulette

Paulette is right. Once they reject an image, they stop looking and the whole set is failed. So there are probably some that were never looked at. There will always be some that Alamy doesn't look at, even in those that pass QC. They only do a sampling of your submission. So don't assume that the rest are fine, they may never have been seen by the QC checkers.

Jill

Alvin, make it part of your workflow to check every image you submit at 100%, left to right, top to bottom. If the question, "Is that really sharp?" pops into your head--don't submit it. 

Good luck and welcome to Alamy.

A tech or partial fail is orange; a QC fail is red. 

Hi Alvin,

I notice that you have an image of motorcyclists up as RF but marked as no MR. Normally Alamy's system doesn't allow RF when there are people in the image without MRs available. 

Might be worth re-checking the annotation questions where it asks if there are people in the picture.

Good luck with the QC.

Archived